Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ok so i have been seeing all these blue hid's around. i want em so ive been looking around and i found some hid's at ddmtuning.com you can get either the normal sized ballast or the thin ones..is there really a difference
im thinkin about getting the 10k lights. are they really that blue or are they just bright. my friend has 10k in his pontiac and there blue as hell. but ive seen some 10k in redlines... not so blue, projector difference probably? and also would i need the hid harness, error eliminator, or adapter cables

·
Registered
5,612 Posts
If you don't care to see in the dark get the blue. Complete waste of time to go that high. Changing your headlights simply for the "color" is unsafe. 6000K is best. 8000K might be the limit. You lose distance viewing going that high up or higher.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
6 is is the highest to go, not the best by far sir, the best would be 4300-5000k 6000k max! anything above that and ill call you a gay rice boy, i hate when people think they are "cool" when they have 8k hid and 10k hids, if you really want to be "cool"

go to theretrofitsource.com and gewt the morimoto min h1 projectors and follow the how to that me and lilhomieb07 made, and yes, you will love the light output, comparable to audis and bmws...

·
Registered
5,612 Posts
You can argue the numbers all you want. The charts don't lie. 4300-5000K still contain a yellowish hue to them. BMW, Mercedes, Lexus, even my Infiniti run in the 4300-5000K range and they all have less than perfect white light. 6000K is right on the neutral, colorless light. 8000K gets a blue tint to it. This info is right from the books. An excerpt:

"Color Temperature is a measurement in Degrees Kelvin that indicates the hue of a specific type of light source. Many people believe the misconception that color temperature is a rating of the brightness of the bulb or HID kit. This belief is completely false. The reality of the matter is that the higher the color temperature, the less usable light output you will obtain. The 6000K bulb produced 15% less light than the 4300K. HID kits rated at 4300K or 6000K actually produces the best usable light output.
We recommend that customers mainly go with the 4300K OEM White or the 6000K Diamond White color temperature to ensure brightness and color."

Although 4300K has the most light output, it is not the whitest light. 6000K fills that bill. I personally wouldn't use 8000K due to this info I found, but there are some here that swear by the blue hue that 8000K gives yet still retains the whitish appearance when sitting behind them. As I stated I have 4300K on the Infiniti now and my Ion had 6000K. I loved the 6000K far more.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
copy pasted from a sticky on hid planet, ill find more

Also here is another good thing to know taken from the FAQ:
Yellow:
1500 k Candlelight
2700-2900 k Yellow painted fog halogen bulbs
-------------------------------
Yellowish white:
3200 k Sunrise/sunset
3200 k Premium H7 non painted halogen bulb
3400 k 1 hour from dusk/dawn
-------------------------------
White:
4100 k Philips/Osram OEM HID D2S
5500 k Bright sunny daylight around noon
----------------
Blueish white
5500-5600 k Electronic photo flash
6000 k Philips Ultinon HID D2S
6500-7500 k Overcast sky
-----------------
Blue:
9000-12000 k Blue sky
-----------------
Purple:
28000 Northern sky
12000-30000 k Ultra Violet light (black light)

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
more:
Also, 4100k (oem) is what will give you the BEST available output possible. Period. As you go up in kelvin (k), you will lose lumen each step of the way. Going projectors in conjunction with 4100k is going to give you nice blue/purple/white color flicker that you see on all the high-end HID projector equiped cars. The only reason people with kits go with a high rated kelvin bulb is because they simply are trying to mimick that color that only cars with projectors can produce. 6k if I ever went that route, would be the highest I would ever go. Real Philips Ultinons are the only 6k's you should ever think of buying should you want them. But most here will tell you they are overpriced for what you get.

4300k is the brightest!!! has the most lumens, lumens are a count of how much light is produced,

·
Registered
5,612 Posts
Go back to post number 1 and reread - then you can eat crow. Not once did the OP ask what had the most light output. His questions pertained to the "color" of the light. My response in post number 2 stated to not exceed 8000K in order to keep from getting in to the blue. You went on a babble session about brightest. My response had nothing to do with the "brightest" my response was to the "whitest". Big difference. 4300 might have the farthest reach for lighting, but it still has a yellowish hue to the color. Your final retort also supports that. Last time I checked on a "bright sunny day" there is a shade of yellowish light to the daylight. 5500K (bright sunny day) is much closer to 6000K than 4300K. Don't read so much in to what someone is asking and then try to quantify your argument. Your point has been proven too many times on this site alone. 99% of us know that ~4300K yields the most visibility. Many on here and every other car modding forum ask for the higher Kelvin for a certain color output.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
I am stating this for him not you sir. So you can eat crow.everyone should be aware of the colors and what makes the best light. So stop shitting on my parade

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
one thing you will have to do is de-pin the connector, for some reason they aren't pin'd right from ddm, my last 2 kits, i had to swap the black and blue wire in the conncetor that plugs into the stock headlight plug

·
Registered
5,612 Posts
Seems to be epidemic for other companies as well. I told the company I went through to get my HID's and the harness was ass backwards. I had to meter check the factory harness to determine hi power and low power to build the harness properly. Worked fine once I got that figured out. Got some of my money back because of that since I paid $20 extra to have them supply the connector ends and build the harness.

·
Registered
8 Posts
ok so i have been seeing all these blue hid's around. i want em so ive been looking around and i found some hid's at ddmtuning.com you can get either the normal sized ballast or the thin ones..is there really a difference
im thinkin about getting the 10k lights. are they really that blue or are they just bright. my friend has 10k in his pontiac and there blue as hell. but ive seen some 10k in redlines... not so blue, projector difference probably? and also would i need the hid harness, error eliminator, or adapter cables
most countries forbidden hid color above 6k... cos the lights above 6k is very sharp to others' eyes...but there are still so many hid lights above 6k, like 8k,10k and even 30k.....

so i think 45k to 6k are ok to you cos the lights are bright enough in night...

hmm,, VVME HID KIT Hid Kit Xenon Light Hid Headlight Tattoo Kits CCTV DVR Security Systems Surveillance Cameras Projectors And Obd Scanners is nice and good to use.... you only need relay harness ,it can work well....

i bought VVME H4 digital hid kit last year from their website that one of my friend recommend to me ( he bought several sets of VVME HID KITS before)

until now the kit still works well... i like them....

it cost $70 shipped to my door within 3 days.. very fast........

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
most countries forbidden hid color above 6k... cos the lights above 6k is very sharp to others' eyes...but there are still so many hid lights above 6k, like 8k,10k and even 30k.....

so i think 45k to 6k are ok to you cos the lights are bright enough in night...

hmm,, VVME HID KIT Hid Kit Xenon Light Hid Headlight Tattoo Kits CCTV DVR Security Systems Surveillance Cameras Projectors And Obd Scanners is nice and good to use.... you only need relay harness ,it can work well....

i bought VVME H4 digital hid kit last year from their website that one of my friend recommend to me ( he bought several sets of VVME HID KITS before)

until now the kit still works well... i like them....

it cost $70 shipped to my door within 3 days.. very fast........
if you want to get technical, hids on any car that is not factory equipped with them are illegal, however, most of the time you will not get pulled over.
and from what i hear, you cannot get your headlights dot approved even if your hids are in a projector and aimed to DOT spec, they are still technically illegal, although man cops will not care unless its a crazy color, i said anything past 8k would get most attention

·
Registered
294 Posts
CrazyRunner said COUNTRIES ... he may not be in the US ... also i think he might work for VVME ... he has posted a link to their site in almost every post

Just an idea

·
Registered
8 Posts
CrazyRunner said COUNTRIES ... he may not be in the US ... also i think he might work for VVME ... he has posted a link to their site in almost every post

Just an idea
umm, that is funny. i am in us ca.....i do work in a car factory ...

as you said, what if you post a link to another site in your almost every post?

:pimp:

·
Registered
5,612 Posts
Well, being you're the new guy here and linking directly to a part you're discussing, it comes across as a spammer. It's good you're a real person, but we get spammers selling their wares on here frequently.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Well, being you're the new guy here and linking directly to a part you're discussing, it comes across as a spammer. It's good you're a real person, but we get spammers selling their wares on here frequently.
umm,,,, maybe next time i can post some of our car repair fatory pictures here....

:pimp:

·
Registered
5,612 Posts
I didn't say I doubted you. You have to see the circumstances from our perspective. If you're the new guy here and really are here for the car and the forum - welcome! If you're here just to sell us headlights, you might get bumped out of here.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ok so what do i have to do to the connector's to get em working..did someone already post a pic of this done somewhere, idk..

1 - 20 of 24 Posts