Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

41 - 60 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
Maybe explain your reasoning.
From my stand point, scattered light is scattered light. There is no middle ground when it comes to glare.
100% on this. The thing that sucks tho' is you can buy properly engineered complete HID light assemblies for pick me up trucks, even rear drive impalas on the aftermarket.

Nothing for Saturn. I am in stage 2 phase of a projector experiment for Saturn Ion redline it is not going well, supplier #2 is now on the job,and my ass is puckering for the price tag....for example the right projectors weigh a lot, and the risk is the darn things could break out of the stock lamp housing coz its not designed to hold a heavy projector just a weaksos reflector and a candy ass bulb....meh

Stock lites suck the big one....

HEY! I figured it out: I dont drive the RL in the winter, the salt is a crime. If I dont drive the car at night I DONT NEED LIGHTS.

I am so smart:grim:

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
^
Thanks for the support in the matter.

On a side note, are you looking into a complete bolt in solution for projectors, or a retrofit solution?

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
^
Thanks for the support in the matter.

On a side note, are you looking into a complete bolt in solution for projectors, or a retrofit solution?
ya modded stockers as a complete solution.It started with smart dude but he got very busy and could not complete. Smartdude got me some very good projectors,but when he bolted one projector in, broke out in shipping back to me.

So bolt in retrofit in new lamps; One is now toast, the other may not be able to be saved. One problem is the drl and turn signal is switched through the bcm so my idea to replace the drl with a halo projector is fail as it would be difficult for the bcm to make a projector halo blink imho..

so i dunno. its been exactly a year on this project ; i went to Cincity.com last month for the latest attempt, hopefull it can work. I didnt want to do it myself, no experience in this...Izntrbl seem to have evaporated. I orginally wanted to duplicate the Ion Redline Rallye concept, should have had my cf guy make me some new buckets but i didnt.

Oh well. not every R&D project works...

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
I guess that shoots my suggestion... I was going to suggest contacting Smartdude. :lol:
And yeah, Iznbtrl seems to have fizzled up. Which is a shame, cause he was very helpful when I did my retrofit.
Cincity should be able to work something out for you, though.

Are the RL's not able to turn off the DRL's during lock/unlock?
Cause I have my halo's set up as DRL's, and I just had to turn them off in the secondary menu, then replace the downstream circuit in the fuse box with the halo circuit.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I see this thread is a few years old. Any updates on this topic? I am considering HIDs, but am not sure if they have been improved to avoid the issues raised here?

·
Likes "Cheese" and "Head"
16,889 Posts
This is important to know when ordering HIDs kits for the Saturn Ion.

ION = Negative Low/High Beam Switching.
Cobalt = Positive Low/High Beam Switching.

A
D-BU
Headlamp Low Beam Signal

B
OG
Battery Positive Voltage

C
PK
Headlamp High Beam Signal

Hope it helps!! It seems our cars are negative switching not positive as there is only 1 constant positive and 2 negatives for high and low. hope this helps ya out. It helped me!

·
Registered
454 Posts
My brights stayed on after installing mine So I switched out the two outer wires. C with A (as per the schematic) and my brights still continue to stay on. Did I switch the wrong wires?

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
My brights stayed on after installing mine So I switched out the two outer wires. C with A (as per the schematic) and my brights still continue to stay on. Did I switch the wrong wires?
It depends on the set you bought. I got mine off CarID and after contacting them I finally got mine working. If you can post a pic of your wiring comming from the ballast to the bulb I might be able to help. If you have a hi/low set it most likely isn't set right for our car and just swapping wires around won't work trust me after poppin 12 fuses I know.:domotwak:

·
Registered
4,724 Posts

It took years and thousands of dollars to get mine right. PM RLProfessional he can do it right for a tenth of what it cost me, and you will be very happy.

hand held camera phone....

·
Registered
12,221 Posts
I really need these! the stockers are so bad I'm always thinking to myself "I can't see crap, do I have a headlight out?"

41 - 60 of 62 Posts