Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Premium Member
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Bad News
Sadly we cant just put a pulley on and go with this car, the car goes unsafely lean. tuning the engine management with its map/maf sensor and drive by wire is no easy task, thankfully we have a vast amount of experience with a similar engine management scenario in the Audi's we have tuned.

The Good News
Our tuning is looking very good with the higher boost package(pulley,fuel system upgrades,engine management). Right now we are at about 15psi, in order to go any higher w the boost we're gonna need to make a few more parts. good news is the car runs great w/ no stumbles and no engine codes. we're going to need a stock local car for comparative dyno(you'll get a free dyno) and side by side road testing, any takers?

Once we are happy all we need to do is have the pulleys machined.

On a side note we are fully functional in our new shop and are ready and able to do installs.

Mark

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Great news, Mark!!!!

Any estimate as far as price goes on a package such as this?

Thanks for the update.

·
Premium Member
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
rough estimate would be $700-750 for everything, cant go into specifics on what is used in the package but it entails engine management, fuel system upgrades and pulleys. These parts will also be used in the twincharger kit we are going to develop NEXT :eek:

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
rough estimate would be $700-750 for everything, cant go into specifics on what is used in the package but it entails engine management, fuel system upgrades and pulleys. These parts will also be used in the twincharger kit we are going to develop NEXT :eek:

Cool. I can probably come up with some $$$ for that. Now....what do I have to sell...........????? :D

·
Premium Member
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
xtremesc2 said:
so you guys would do installs as well? how much would the installs cost?

im not gonna do anything like that by myself :p

Shop rate is $75/hr but on our own products we generally have flat rates.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
xtremesc2 said:
so you guys would do installs as well? how much would the installs cost?

im not gonna do anything like that by myself :p

Awwwww man. That's half the fun. :D

Nothing like spending a day working on your car and having the wife come out every hour and ask how much longer you'll be in the garage. ;)

·
Registered
351 Posts
Can't wait for the upgrade.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Looking good, it seems these 2.0's will definetly be seeing more power soon :D

·
Registered
674 Posts
Thanks for keeping us posted guys! Looking foreward to seeing what you have come up with.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
thanks for the update guys, now its time for me to start saving, and am i hearing this correct that the parts for this will be needed to do the twin charger.

any guesses on how long to get it all out and sold to us

·
Registered
17 Posts
if you guys can make enough power with the redline, I might just have to buy one, Im still not sure what I want for my next car, I do regret selling my srt-4.
what do you mean buy twincharger? do you guys have any plans for a larger blower upgrade?

·
Super Moderator
4,617 Posts
11psi5.0 said:
if you guys can make enough power with the redline, I might just have to buy one, Im still not sure what I want for my next car, I do regret selling my srt-4.
what do you mean buy twincharger? do you guys have any plans for a larger blower upgrade?
No Twincharging, Using the Supercharger and then putting a Turbocharger on. It's Similar to a Twin-Turbo Set up.

·
Registered
141 Posts
This is great news! this will void the warranty though right? if it does, do you think that my saturn dealer would install it, so that way it might not void warranty?

·
Super Moderator
4,617 Posts
BlckRdln04 said:
This is great news! this will void the warranty though right? if it does, do you think that my saturn dealer would install it, so that way it might not void warranty?
It would only void certain parts.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Aeain said:
It would only void certain parts.
Does that mean that it will only void that warranty on the parts that are replaced? Do you think that my dealer would install it, so if something goes wrong, i could take it there to be fixed?

·
Super Moderator
4,617 Posts
It would prolly void the Supercharger and most engine components and clutch. But, if the brakes went out then that is still covered.

·
Registered
86 Posts
a lot of dealerships are reluctant to install anything that didn't come from their respective manufacturer. I used to work in sales for Banks Power and I dealt with dealership complaints on a daily basis. the only dealerships that would give any kind of warranty on aftermarket parts would be the ones that are dealers of the aftermarket product. why not install this stuff yourself? if you mess up then there is no one to blame but yourself. if it comes out great then you can be satisfied with your work. as far as warranty goes, I hope you don't think you can show up at the dealership with any of this stuff installed when something goes wrong because of course the service writer is going to look at you sideways. hopefully psi-fi will make this stuff so that it can be taken off easily.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts