Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where one could purchase high octane gas around the Tacoma/Puyallup area?

·
Registered
12,221 Posts
Any race tracks around you? They sell it at the track here. Also the speed shops sell it. Do you have a cat. converter?

·
Registered
12,221 Posts
do you have to tune to run race gas?
You don't have to, but if you want to get any significant gains, then you should. Depends on how high the octane is, if it's 100, then it would be a waste not to tune for it. When I used it, I just treated about 1/2 a tank of premium unleaded with about 1/2 gallon of 118 octane. I just did it to assure that there would be no knock.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
You don't have to, but if you want to get any significant gains, then you should. Depends on how high the octane is, if it's 100, then it would be a waste not to tune for it. When I used it, I just treated about 1/2 a tank of premium unleaded with about 1/2 gallon of 118 octane. I just did it to assure that there would be no knock.
see the thing is there is nobody around here that does tunning with hp. so if i do need a tune for it i guess i wont do it. thanks for the help....:bigthumb:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts