Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
SWEET! What side of the steering wheel is it going, Left or Right? How much was the boost guage 219.00 thats the price they list off their websight? One more q', did you just block off the airflow of the incoming pipe? Obviously the other vents will just blow harder.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
That looks awesome. How much of a job was it, because I've been considering doing that. Haven't been able to figure out how to get rid of the vent though . . .

If you have a step-by-step process, that'd kick ass too.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
hbko181 said:
SWEET! What side of the steering wheel is it going, Left or Right? How much was the boost guage 219.00 thats the price they list off their websight? One more q', did you just block off the airflow of the incoming pipe? Obviously the other vents will just blow harder.
It will be on the left side of the steering wheel. The gauge is $219.00 and you also need the Meter Interface Unit to make the gauge work $115.00. The Interface Unit alows you took hook up 6 gauges to it. Not sure what I am going to do with the vent yet if I am going to block it off. I will post more pics once the gauge is installed, the gauge looks awesome at night matches the stock gauges perfect black face, white numbers and amber needle. You can also change the brightness of the gauge to how you like.

That looks awesome. How much of a job was it, because I've been considering doing that. Haven't been able to figure out how to get rid of the vent though . . .
Thanks!!! It really was not hard at all very easy. Ran the line through the gromet in the fire wall by the petals and installed the Interface Box under the dash. They say to install the box in the engine bay but I thought it would be better under the dash to keep from the elments of outside. Then just ran the wire up to where the vent is and that was it. Now just need to put the ac vent assembly back in and hook up the electrical wires. Now the vent had to modified to make the gauge fit. Very easy as well, what was done is I left the ring of the vent so the gauge slides in snug and didn't have to be glued or double sided taped on. A porting tool was used to drill out the center of the vent and you are then left with just the ring and the gauge goes in that...so you can still move your gauge like the ac vent was able to move!!! Like I said I will post pics tonight once it is done.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts