Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This section has become pretty dead recently. No one have any crazy stories of stupid weather in their area? Stupid drivers? Nothing? My city has been getting rain off and on for 2 days straight (not really crazy weather or anything as we have had rain for well over a week straight and its not really rain more of a constant presisting drizzle). CFL started up and my roughriders should promise against the blue bombers...now if only greene could hit people on the long passes we'd be in business.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Agreed it is quiet. I am getting ready to go on holiday. Leave on Friday for New Orleans and then a cruise around the Caribbean. The weather here is not to good at the moment. Raining today.
The B.C Lions are off to a good start. I hope they make it to the Gray Cup because it is here this year, I hope they dont choke.

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Man, I wish I had holidays. My 'holidays' consit of 35 - 45 hr weeks at my job during non-school months. There is one good thing about it though, I made my car payments so I could afford the car while in school (duh), but I am making my car payment in a week....go extra cash:D.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
I could go for a holiday myself; maybe a trip to Canada is in order :p I'm working 40-45 hours a week right now too, it's kind of a bummer, because if I want hours I HAVE to work weekends at my job. But it's worth it: I've got the Redline. 19 with a hot car is a good thing.

Just thought I'd chime in for all you bored Canadians :D

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Woo go 19 and owning a RL...I am 19 on the 6th..hehehe, go drinking age:D

·
Registered
425 Posts
XeroState said:
Woo go 19 and owning a RL...I am 19 on the 6th..hehehe, go drinking age:D
Shit!!!!!!!!!! Now I feel real old.....I turn 40 in August...............

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hahaha, sorry. Your not old...your a whole 4 yrs younger than my dad..HA!...sorry had to. What can I say, I never spent my money so I could afford a sportier car and now I own one. People around me can't believe that I can afford it. I then remind them of my wage, of my hours and how I don't slurge on anything (other than a trip to Italy and the car itself).

·
Registered
367 Posts
well, i live with you xero, so mmm rain ... lets see ... my RL is lowered, got my spints in the mail :D it looks awesome. now i just need to get my brace ... still selling the mustang, i'll have lots of news after that.

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yea I really want to lower mine, but I want to go through 1 winter first to see how much clearance I really have (in my cavi I really didn't care...lol). Are you gonna be driving her in the winter?

·
Registered
367 Posts
yup she is gunna be out roming in the snow ... my 'stang did, on summer slicks no less, so the redline should be okay, just going to get some steelies and the best winter tires i can find. (studded?)

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I don't know what winter tires to use yet. I am gonna get like the best ones canadian tire sells regardless of cost (bro works there..go 10% discount on everything:D)...I am just not used to a breakable bumper so I odn't want to lower it yet...lol.

·
Registered
10,134 Posts
XeroState said:
Yea I really want to lower mine, but I want to go through 1 winter first to see how much clearance I really have (in my cavi I really didn't care...lol). Are you gonna be driving her in the winter?
You could put it on bags,raise it for the winter, drop it for the summer.

·
Registered
367 Posts
i was actually thinking an air-ride setup would be fun in this car ... anyone know how much for a basic kit? lol

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Air-ride would be cool, but I am sort of tight with my money (I have money, I just don't spend it...normally, this car was a HUGE exception as I was looking to buy a car for around 20 grand tax in..ha, ya right). Most of my mods that I do (how ever many I deceide to do) will take place next year after I learn how it handles in winter and the such.

Oh and on to new news (lol), my buddy blew up his engine in his celica. He was out on the highway coming back from a cottage or something and he rolled a bearing I think he said. So he pulled over and called his dad, dad tells him to call him once it blows. Sure enough 10 minutes later, BOOM!, hole in the block under the #3 cylinder. The really weird thing is, IT STILL STARTS! You can see the crank shaft turning and the engine turns over (with some difficulity) but it is running. Doesn't run long (around 10 seconds) but cool as hell.

·
Registered
367 Posts
he spun a bearing and kept driving it ?! ... and punched a hole in his engine block .... holy motherfucker man ... thats intense lol, sounds like he rammed a connecting rod out the side (happened in my motormech class (not my motor! lol) ) he will need a whole new motor, thats intense.

That guys dad must be loaded? lol

My new news. Got my car(s) impounded for a night, racing them on lewvan, i'm out a total of $355 so i'm going to be praying the mustang sells to pay that and buy the psi-fi kit, methanol kit, stereo, and a computer :D lol

i've got a few inquries on the mustang so i'm hopeful.

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Well it serves you right for street racing...lol. When you get all that stuff for your car, I'd love to see how it looks and runs. Oh and that guys dad ISN'T loaded, he is just lazy and thought his son was making it up. He is either gonna drop a V6 in it (haha, if we find one, we'll try...lol) or just buy a new car. GL on the stang thing.

Oh and if the computer your talking about is like a pc, what kind? I can't deceide between a PC (I love games and the speed and the such, not a lot of room in my room though....granted it'd give me a tv with xp media centre) and a notebook (school reasons..damn u of r and its boringniss between classes...lol, ability to be in my room and on my comp late at night with no problems and the such).

·
Registered
367 Posts
despite what lots of people say laptops get totally chewed up by games. you could play some old school starcraft if you brought a mini-mouse to plug it in with, but seriously your time and money would be better spend working on school stuff between classes.

My comp is going to go something along the lines of
AMD 64 3000+ (best value heh)
1 gig ram
2x 200G drives (downloading fiend.)
2x nvidia 6600GT's
120mm fans
Onboard sound to a 5.1 stereo ghetto'd from a home stereo receiver.
19" LCD

total price is about 2000 without the monitor.

and yes i know it serves me right, although it was on lewvan, with 0, and i mean ZERO people around. I dislike racing on albert or busy roads, I take it out of town most of the time if someone is being a shit about the "lego car"

back to the computer thing --- Games eat laptop batteries alive, as well, i've been talking to *alot* of people online with 2.0 GHZ laptops (less even) that come with any kind of graphics solution, and alot of them will overheat and hard-boot after running a game for a short period of time. Get the PC, if you want entertainment between class, go buy a gameboy and get into pokemon. lol.

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
I know lappies arn't good for games. I have a "decent" home pc which is slowling down due to crap being loaded on it from 3 other users (reason I want my own). Where are you getting that comp from and how is it so cheap!? And on the school thing. A 2 hour break is extremely boring as I finish 1,000 word essays in about 30 minutes once I have my info and reasoning. And I have a gameboy and an older PDA so I do have entertainment, just not enough...lol.

·
Registered
367 Posts
www.ncix.com
www.tigerdirect.com
That PC place over on ... mcdonald, just off ringroad has good prices. i'm going to be buying parts from all three (cheapest from each :))

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hmmm, I am lazy (I do know computers though..I am in computer science...lol) but that is such a good price. Someday if I build my own from scratch and me and my father get stumped, I may be hollering for help....lol.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.