Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the way home and this Si Vtec blasts on by. Now keep in mind that it's raining like mad out so I'm not ready to play. Now we're sitting at the light, him in from of me, but behind some chick in a boat. We take off when the light changes, and it's on. I take off and am up the guys rear, trying to get over in the left lane to go by. Needless to say, he puts on the signal and cuts me off so I have to slow so I don't rear end him. He takes off and I follow. I give the guy credit becasue he was pulling hard until we hit traffic. He gives me the double break of the lights and I flash back. No kill, but fun to see a Honda running well. I don't think he was stock because I know we are alot faster, but he was running well. Take care,

·
Registered
30 Posts
SpikemanII said:
On the way home and this Si Vtec blasts on by. Now keep in mind that it's raining like mad out so I'm not ready to play. Now we're sitting at the light, him in from of me, but behind some chick in a boat. We take off when the light changes, and it's on. I take off and am up the guys rear, trying to get over in the left lane to go by. Needless to say, he puts on the signal and cuts me off so I have to slow so I don't rear end him. He takes off and I follow. I give the guy credit becasue he was pulling hard until we hit traffic. He gives me the double break of the lights and I flash back. No kill, but fun to see a Honda running well. I don't think he was stock because I know we are alot faster, but he was running well. Take care,
Do you know what year it was? or was it the knew style or the older coupe style? I heard the 99-00 were faster than the knew ones.. i raced one in my 99 prelude and we were even the whole way.. i was stock though, he had at least intake/exhaust.. and I think headers from the way it sounded.. im also not a good driver at all..

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Yeah the 99-00 SI coupes put the newer hatchbacks to shame. Either one is stock form isn't really a match for a Red Line anyways.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The guy was pulling really hard. I didn't hear a turbo or anything. Although, the damn RL is louder than a MoFo when WOT. :D I do think he had some work done though because I have molested Si's before. Like I said, raining like a biotch...The RL is not a hydroplane, although it can be if you drive it right. eek:

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I would've assumed the woman in the boat would've won.........depending on how deep the rain water was too...........I'm surprised some boat owner doesn't come on here and call B.S. on this kill too............ :confused:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts