Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had bought a red 04 ion qc & had installed progress 2" lowering springs & Thermal R&D cat back exhaust . had the windows tinted & put a hood scoop on it. i took it in for an oil change at 8800 miles & was talking to one of the salesmen - they had a blue 04 ion redline that someone had returned with 2600 miles on it....long story short...i ended up trading in my ion & $1500 for the redline... my question to you all is should i get another hood scoop & get it painted to match the car again? .. see attached photo of old ion.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Congrats on the new car, you will love it a little more each day you drive it.

My vote is NO don't put a hood scoop on your car. Mine had one when I bought it, but the dealership removed it becuase I didn't like the way it looked.

Here is a pic of it.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Yea another redline for St.Louie.IMO forget the scoop.What dealer did you deal with?Your tricked out ION looks great by the way.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
saturn of north county is where i caught up to it. :rolleyes:
saturn of st. peters is where i got my oil changed & they told the story of the showroom model that i chased down :D
the red one is still at north county tho

·
Registered
754 Posts
dannostl said:
saturn of north county is where i caught up to it. :rolleyes:
saturn of st. peters is where i got my oil changed & they told the story of the showroom model that i chased down :D
the red one is still at north county tho
I been out to the St.Peters location a bunch had my sc2 serviced there nice people all the way around.I bring my own oil (mobil 1) and let saturn of creve couer change it.Lou Fusz has all the saturn dealers in this area the only ones he dont have are the couple down south.

·
Registered
157 Posts
My vote is....NO! I don't blame jmonte345 at all for requesting for it to be removed. It just doesn't look good. If my car looked like that when I was shopping, I probably would have never bought it. I would be driving a Impreza RS now and been less happy.
The one on the red QC looks better but I still say NO!

·
Registered
808 Posts
uh no way not that one.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
it's the wannabe evo one, fully non-functional, tell them you want a functional one so it actually serves a purpose

·
Registered
89 Posts
maybe functional but the redlines have to smooth of a look for a big hood scoop in the middle

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
17w/rl said:
maybe functional but the redlines have to smooth of a look for a big hood scoop in the middle
it's not functional, you can looks those up at summit, or other places, i actually ran across them looking for a functional one, which, by the way, are hard to find that look good.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
i like how that evo vent looks on the ION, i bet with the redline's ground effects that vent would look sick.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
nah I dont think so. I am looking at that picture and I think " hey nice car" and then my eyes move accross the hood and Im like WHAT THE!!!.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
boosthard05 said:
i like how that evo vent looks on the ION, i bet with the redline's ground effects that vent would look sick.
it's a lame ripoff scoop, it would've been cool before the evo was around, but if he likes it there, more power to him, i just prefer the clean look we already have, unless it's nice looking (which is subjective) AND functional

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Vita said:
it's a lame ripoff scoop, it would've been cool before the evo was around, but if he likes it there, more power to him, i just prefer the clean look we already have, unless it's nice looking (which is subjective) AND functional
yeah i went to the dealership to get some more info on the RL and when i did i ended up taking 30 mins just to gawk at this really clean black one they had there, i knida like how the stock RL hood looks, with the slight rise in the center.
i dont know about this but i remember when the RL's first came out they had a blue one at the dealership here on the showroom floor, it had a carbon fiber hood, and black 10 spoke wheels with a polished lip and a carbon fiber wing, at the time i fgured it was some sort of package, but now that im acctual paying attention to the RL's i ahvent seena nything like it since.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts