Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im trying to hook up the lights on my autometer gauges, so i did it the ghetto way and went right to the fuse panel, my Air fuel i hooked to the ign fuse, and the boost gauge i went the the instrument cluster fuse. only problem is now the power to the airfuel stays on and the right in the boost gauge stays on all the time (car off, or even without the parking lights on) whats up, and how did everone else hook them up?

also on the airfuel does anyone know which one is the signal wire?

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
why didnt you hook both of them up to the same source? That makes no sense at all. As well the purple wire on the sensor itself if its the same on my s-10.

·
Registered
138 Posts
okay go in through the steering column there is a two different sets of wires in the steering column one big set leads to the turn signal headlamp nob thingy.. there is a brown wire stuffed in with that bunch...tap into that wire and ur gauge lights will turn on and off with the headlamps

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
he is rite but be careful not to put to much stuff on with the ing fuse, i blew mine, (scared the crap out of me) but at least it was a quick fix, all i added was 2 little LED's to it

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so the red power wire for the airfuel i can tap into the white lighting one for my boost gauge?

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i tried that brown wire in the big set and it doesnt work, any other ideas?

·
Registered
841 Posts
power wires for gauges need to tap into ign+ wires, IE wires that are only hot when the ignition is in the on position. power for the lights on the other hand should be tapped into the dimmer wire, that way you can dim them with the stock gauges.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i tried the ghetto wire in the fuse (cluster and ign)already and the gauges stayed on all the time

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
mine gauges are hooked up to the wires in the steering column as well i am not sure what color i will check tonight for u man and post tomorrow, if u still need the help

·
Registered
351 Posts
My Autometer gauge are different they have a seperate dim control on a remote control. So I have not messed with plugging into the cars dim control.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well that brown wire i tapped into sent my airbag light off. i need a ign power wire for the air/fuel gauge or it will just turn on with the lights.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
anyone know how to clear the airbag light? im guessing that brown wire i cut was a airbag sensor and now it has to be reset.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
BlackLine said:
anyone know how to clear the airbag light? im guessing that brown wire i cut was a airbag sensor and now it has to be reset.

Disconnect the negative battery cable for about 15-20 minutes, that will reset the computer and you should be good.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts