Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What I mean by that is I own a Cavalier 2003 with the Eco. I owe alot on it and I realize since the car is modded I will probably only get wholesale.

What kinda experiences have you guys had? Any bad ones? What kinda payments are you paying? Insurance killing you?

TIA

Chris

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Welcome, it would be a great upgrade to that old Cavi! Very fast, full of torque, handles great, stops great, total sleeper!

Problems? :D What problems?

But seriously, there are a few glitches, no real major issues. Some have a leaky cam seal that makes the car act funny until it's replaced, and the ECU tuning is in a constant state of evolution, but nothing that Saturn isn't right on top of. Some people have had some bad service department issues, but those were mainly isolated, dealership specific issues.

DON'T read the sports compact magazine for your info on it though! Test drive one, and then read the mags, you'll cry BS on every point they make, even when trying to be nice to the car.

Last but not least, I live in Chicago, and have yet to see 1 other Redline. Ok, that's a lie, I did see a silver one parking at the autoshow, but that's it. IN 3 MONTHS!

·
Registered
296 Posts
Sp00ner said:
...Last but not least, I live in Chicago, and have yet to see 1 other Redline. Ok, that's a lie, I did see a silver one parking at the autoshow, but that's it. IN 3 MONTHS!
Sp00ner...
There are at least two, yours and mine... I've got a blue '05 RL on the north side of town, from Saturn of Glenview.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
jmichna said:
Sp00ner...
There are at least two, yours and mine... I've got a blue '05 RL on the north side of town, from Saturn of Glenview.
There is someone else around here from Naperville too, SatredIL? I think. Gotta love being in a 7 million+ population, and not seeing your car anywhere but in your driveway! Seeing as how I came from a Camaro background, that's really strange still! Even my 2001 SC2 was all over the place.

·
Registered
296 Posts
This RL is the first car I've owned where people actually stop and stare, and ask what it is, or, seeing it's a Saturn, as for more info about it. It's nice to turn heads. Hope we become popular, but not TOO popular!

A buddy at work has seen a red RL zipping along the Edens/Kennedy, going like a Bat-out-of-H*ll, maybe you? He wanted to give chase but his wife wouldn't let him.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
jmichna said:
This RL is the first car I've owned where people actually stop and stare, and ask what it is, or, seeing it's a Saturn, as for more info about it. It's nice to turn heads. Hope we become popular, but not TOO popular!

A buddy at work has seen a red RL zipping along the Edens/Kennedy, going like a Bat-out-of-H*ll, maybe you? He wanted to give chase but his wife wouldn't let him.
It sure as hell might have been. What is that number-wise? 90? I take 90 from Palatine/Barrington to just inside Chicago/Park Ridge off Harlem Mon-Fri, 9-5! I don't drive TOO fast, only when there's a good clear lane during rush hour, as you can assume, that's not too often!

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
I traded in my '98 Trans Am for mine and I havent regretted it. Granted I miss the T/A sometimes, but im sure itll pass after I get some more mods done and get my stereo in. Haha. That and having the only Red one in Florida that I know of =]

·
Registered
109 Posts
Im going to trade in my civic..not really THAT bad of a car but its a little damaged..and has 80,000 miles..I have no idea how much Ill get for it. KBB said around 4500 for a trade in, thats comparable at least.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Tek said:
I traded in my '98 Trans Am for mine and I havent regretted it. Granted I miss the T/A sometimes, but im sure itll pass after I get some more mods done and get my stereo in. Haha. That and having the only Red one in Florida that I know of =]
Actually there's a bunch of Florida Redline's here. I haven't seen them as of lately. I think at one point Florida was the Redline capital of the board.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Sp00ner said:
It sure as hell might have been. What is that number-wise? 90? I take 90 from Palatine/Barrington to just inside Chicago/Park Ridge off Harlem Mon-Fri, 9-5! I don't drive TOO fast, only when there's a good clear lane during rush hour, as you can assume, that's not too often!
Edens is 94; coming from your direction, the Kennedy is 90. At the Edens-Kennedy junction, it becomes 90-94 going S into the Loop. I have relatives not too far from where you exit the Kennedy.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts