Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I would imagine that this would go in this sub-forum, but I just installed a horn from HornBlasters although it took me all day, and I had to troubleshoot it at the end, I got it to work. Does anyone want any pictures or is this something that will just fall on deaf ears/eyes?

Its a tri-horn setup and it has a 1/2" thick sealed air tube running all the way back to the trunk with power from the cig lighter. The compressor is 2 gallons and has an auto-shutoff once it reaches a certain PSI.

I had messed up a ground and it wasn't sounding off. I redid that ground and flipped the switch not expecting anything and just about shit my pants with how loud it was. The wife and I went on an hour drive just "testing" it out in Boise and around shops and when people were walking and riding bikes. I got a couple thumbs up but mostly just the middle finger salute. It was fun.

I also made a little slot right next to the shifter by the passenger side and it was from O'Reilly's. It looks LEGIT as **** and I didn't like the stock one they sent me in the kit.

http://www.hornblasters.com/products/details.php?i=caboose-228-air-horn-kit
This is the kit I got, awesome. Well WELL WELLLL worth the money. Hours and hours of laughs.

New switch I put in compared to just an OFF/ON metal switch. It blends in real well with the dash and it glows blue when its on, and everyone knows, blue IS the fastest........:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Again let me know if anyone is thinking about doing this for a BETTER horn or just wondering!

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Alright Ill get my iPhone and get to work. In trunk, under hood, in cockpit and reference for lines being run AND MY AWESOME ASS BUTTON THAT I MADE IN THE CONSOLE!!!!!!!! I'm so proud of it, I know you'll all be impressed too.

Ill also take a vid of how it sounds inside and outside.
(anything else?)

Lil bastid will make me proud!

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Alright I just got my RedlineTuning hood struts in too so I shall take pictures when I ALSO take pictures of the HornBlasters setup.

I am so fuckin lazy............

Also going to the shop to check the plugs and put in 2 step colders, and to clean the injectors and check the coil packs. I got stopped by a lady today (Mexican in an Audi saying that shes going to call the cops for my "beep beep horn"........... so I honked my real horn on the steering wheel and she looked so disappointed.... but I'm not someone to disappoint so I train horned her ass and told her "la migra was coming".

ITS JUST BEEN REVOKED*

·
1,587 Posts
how bout this?

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
for the record, I am probably going to be taking out the horns and the compressor along with anything else. Ill be selling it on Craigslist and on here if anyone's interested, but probably not considering all the flaming I was getting saying I put a retard horn in a sports car hahah. Hey, but to each his own! :eek:utofclos

1 - 15 of 15 Posts