Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I just swapped out all my stock hoses with silicon ones and I feel a pretty good diff in boost, I had the stock ones changed to bigger hoses, And it really hepled. Anyone else do this yet, If so any power diff?

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
I've never heard of that with this car. But on the FD3S rx7 twin turbo swapping the vacumm lines with better one's yielded 20hp-30hp to the wheels.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its not that intense just a little better on the highway.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Little RED said:
Hey guys I just swapped out all my stock hoses with silicon ones and I feel a pretty good diff in boost, I had the stock ones changed to bigger hoses, And it really hepled. Anyone else do this yet, If so any power diff?
I'm a little slow, I guess. How do silicon hoses increase power? Where do you buy them? Any pics yet? Thanks.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
The silicon hoses would help there be less friction so the air can flow more freely than the stock rubber hoses. Silicon surfaces are nice and smooooth (smoother than the rubber ones on our stock cars :) ). Which hoses did you replace?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The boost solenoid and all the S/C hoses, There also a little bigger as in the size of the hole also. Ill have pics some time this week.:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts