Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i did this for a guy that was wondering how these things worked. i just thought i might as well post this and have it for people to take a look at. if you see or read something that dosent sound right please say so thanks.

so as you know the stock endplate makes 4 passes threw the intake manifold.starts from the bottom and zig zags up to the top and drops into your filler neck wich then drops to your heat exchanger to be re cooled. so what a dual pass endplate does is make it so it goes threw your intake maniflod twice instead of four times, making cooler air temps. how the end plate is designed stock is, the first entrance is sealed off so it cant go anywhere but threw the intake manifold A.K.A laminova's. then once it goes threw the intake manifold it then goes into the second part of the endplate. and the 2nd spot is not sealed so its like the 2 middle spots are combined together so there no walls. then they go threw the third one and get sent to the 4th hole wich is sealed with a wall to separate the hot coolant from the mild coolant. now since i covered the stock endplate lets go into the dual pass endplat. now the diffrence between these are,there's a extra hole for the coolant. the extra one is for the coolest coolant to first go threw the endplate. so from the pump it goes to the extra hole on the endplate. then how the duall passs works is by the number 2, and 3 hole that are not sealed with a wall that are combined. the coolant enters the 2, and 3 hole ( by the way you have to swap the lamovas to have the #2 and #3 going in and the *#1 and # 4 going out) going into the intake manifold then the #2 going out of #1 then the #3 going out of #4. then the coolant comes out of #1 and #4 wich then go into a custom tee and goto the filler neck to get shot into the Heat exchanger to be cooled. here the diagram i made from paint :guns:

·
BECAUSE RACECAR
7,440 Posts
Dude theres 2 big threads that me and DTCD made has soooo much good info and piucs on it. Ill find the links or get some info for u.

·
BECAUSE RACECAR
7,440 Posts

·
BECAUSE RACECAR
7,440 Posts
Hahahaha not tryin to beat ya lol just had the pic when i did my endplate and opt b.

But i hope ive helped yah abit, let me get the links to those threads so u can search for hrs for ALL the info ull need.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts