Premium Member
2,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
more

Attachments

·
Registered
111 Posts
Nice tires. I've never had a bad set of Michelin's. The current set of Michelin Defender tires on my car make it a real nice ride.

·
Super Moderator
1,588 Posts
Ive read some awesome reviews on the pilots

·
Premium Member
2,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks ... these were not that easy to get ordered and installed ... I ran into a lot of trouble with the service

These days I quess it is easier to buy the tires and have them sent to your home and then bring them in to a store to have them installed. It is more work to do it this way but it would likely take the pain away from the overwhelmed retail organizations. Just getting the tires "ordered" was difficult but in the end I have experienced very significant improvement in the driving handling. With the public health emergency, I was unable to go to the service retail stores for a long time and I really needed new tires. My previous tires were bridgstones and although they were excellent when new, they don't hold up in the long run (25,000 miles) - which is also true of all performance tires. After a tire rotation, I noticed some vibration (steering wheel bounce) when driving over 60 mph. This is an almost terrifying experience because 60 mph is not a "performance" situation as everyone knows. These pilots have shocked me because the problem vanished. After this experience, I realize the importance of tire specifications.

I am now am able to drive swiftly up to 80 mph and have no concern about them causing vibration.
These tires are, I think, rated at over 186 mph. They have the higher speed rating of Z

I know my car can do 212-213 mph with some upgrades :cool:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts