Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm contemplating doing a buy back on my car, i'm gauging weather to buy a ION RL w/ comp package. I'm wondering how badly will the dealer screw me if I do so..

2004 ION RL Onyx Black. 7750 miles. One small scratch on the front bumper caused by a dumb ass pedestrian on a bicycle on the wrong side of the road running into my car at a 90 degree angle.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
They will probably let you trade it in. I would think between $15k and $18k. Thatis just a guess. Otherwise, bend over.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Called a friend of mine on this . . you are gonna shit . . . 10k to 13k.

And the lesson here is, NEVER trade in a new car. Vehicle lose most of their value in the 1st year.

·
Registered
168 Posts
i was thinking of doing the same thing. mine only has 4200 miles on it and they were gonna give me 14 for it and i work there. its actually 2000 above whats in the trade in book

·
Registered
76 Posts
Forget the sticker price and remember they were discounting the hell out of the 04's. THAT'S why the resale sucks . . . that and 05's are discounted too.

Stick with your 04 and work on it.

·
Registered
416 Posts
mi_redline said:
Forget the sticker price and remember they were discounting the hell out of the 04's. THAT'S why the resale sucks . . . that and 05's are discounted too.

Stick with your 04 and work on it.
I am guessing that when the Cobalt SSs come out, that our resale value will go back up. But the other guys are right--don't do the trade in. They are gonna hurt you.

·
Registered
681 Posts
shaneathan - thanks for the PM - tried to reply, but it said your mailbox is full.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts