Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, this is probably not in the right section, but I've been looking for these things all over the street and I've yet to see one. What exterior differences does it have from a regular ion and how many redlines were produced so far? As in how often should I expect to see them? I've yet to see a single one in person.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Well, I've seen 2 in the 6 months I've had the car, actually, make that 3. So it's not easy. There's less that 10,000 of them that have even been produced. There's a few key differences from a regular Ion.

1) Body kit - Both can have the large spoiler or small one, so that's not proof. MOST of the large spoliers are on the Redline, but I have seen at least on regular QuadCoupe with it. They only come it Red, Blue, Black, Silver... and I think that's it... The front clip has the 'intake' vents on the corners, and does NOT have the small gap between the hood and the front clip. The rear of the car has a gap in the middle of the rear clip, with 3 or 4 'slits' dividing it. Also look for the larger exhaust tip, but anyone can get one of those.

2) Wheels! Big giveaway to me, unless someone with a QuadCoupe wants to shell out BIG money for the stock rims from Saturn, it will have different, smaller rims. The Redlines have the 6-spoke polished 17's on em.

That's the easiest way, the only marking on the car, is a chrome square with a red line that runs through it.

·
Registered
674 Posts
04azuremach, where are you located at? The bulk of the cars, atleast here, seem to be collected on the east and west coast areas. I'm in Minnesota and have only seen one other RL on the road.

Oh by the way, very sweet looking Mach1 :D

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
Well you can look for all those, but if the dude is accellerating decently hard, just listen for the blower:D. Granted it is easier to visually find one, but hey, I must say when your at 6,000 rpm's in 4th, that blower is very very loud:D (I do NOT reccommend driving this fast, but if you want to, its your call...its ~approx 130mph or so..from what I could see).

·
Registered
112 Posts
XeroState said:
Well you can look for all those, but if the dude is accellerating decently hard, just listen for the blower:D. Granted it is easier to visually find one, but hey, I must say when your at 6,000 rpm's in 4th, that blower is very very loud:D (I do NOT reccommend driving this fast, but if you want to, its your call...its ~approx 130mph or so..from what I could see).
Ya, thats a dead give away. Kinda like when I go WOT, my short ram intake just sound like a jet with a big whoosshh sound.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
MotorMouth said:
04azuremach, where are you located at? The bulk of the cars, atleast here, seem to be collected on the east and west coast areas. I'm in Minnesota and have only seen one other RL on the road.

Oh by the way, very sweet looking Mach1 :D
I'm in Southern Maryland.

XeroState said:
Well you can look for all those, but if the dude is accellerating decently hard, just listen for the blower :D . Granted it is easier to visually find one, but hey, I must say when your at 6,000 rpm's in 4th, that blower is very very loud :D (I do NOT reccommend driving this fast, but if you want to, its your call...its ~approx 130mph or so..from what I could see).
Well people usually hear me before they see me. And sometimes they hear me and never see me. :D

I've been told that I can literally be heard clear as day over a mile away.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
<-------------that's what wheels you are looking for, unless I've decided to change my avitar since I posted this then Nevermind.................

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
come to springhill FL there are 7 of us within 5 miles or eachother.

·
Registered
810 Posts
trust me man, youll know when you see one. Base ions are so ugly looking. Our bumpers looks totally different, along with the sides (side skirts, wheels). Also, if your still unsure...look for disc brakes in the back. But there will be no need for that. Youll know it when you see it.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
04azuremach said:
I'm in Southern Maryland.
I am just north of Baltimore.

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
04azuremach said:
I've been told that I can literally be heard clear as day over a mile away.
I can vouch for that too. My neighbours say they can hear me when I launch on the road behind our house, which is exactly 1.34 km away (haha, have fun sp00ner...lol). They say all they hear is a whine, then as I get closer they start to hear the 'tuned' exhaust. I laughed and procceeded to do it that night again...lol.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Sp00ner said:
2) Wheels! Big giveaway to me, unless someone with a QuadCoupe wants to shell out BIG money for the stock rims from Saturn, it will have different, smaller rims. The Redlines have the 6-spoke polished 17's on em.
Unless they want to change their bolt pattern too, you won't see our rims on a basic QC.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
XeroState said:
I can vouch for that too. My neighbours say they can hear me when I launch on the road behind our house, which is exactly 1.34 km away (haha, have fun sp00ner...lol). They say all they hear is a whine, then as I get closer they start to hear the 'tuned' exhaust. I laughed and procceeded to do it that night again...lol.
Ya know what really sucks? When you come into the Niagara area, from New York, you've never been out if the country in your life, and you're doing 45mph through this 40 KMPH zone. I'm screaming through the road in front of the falls, wondering why I'm blasting past all this traffic, and then there's this little old man in the crosswalk... Should be a sign that says "Hey, foolish Americans, We use METRIC for our road signs...."

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
We assume that you know this and will adjust accordingly...lol. Do your signs at the border say, "Silly Canadians, its imperial now, welcome to the last decently sized country to use it"...lol. This is fun as from what I can tell you are not taking my comments seriously (if you are, I am sorry....). I love having 'arguements' with people who argue back in good fun. (on a side note, I am playing half-life while doing this..lol).

1 - 20 of 28 Posts