Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had to 132mph before I had to slow down.

After I get my header, I'm going again. :D

·
Registered
272 Posts

ive been 133, but after youve gone that fast, it really isnt worth taking the chance of manslaughter, exhibition of speed, etc.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
I have made it to the end of the spedo it was pretty wound out. Id say 145 or 150 is where it would stop. I just wanted to kill the needle. On the Busa it stops at 220 now that was a lot of fun to see.

·
Registered
683 Posts
I think I hit about 142 or so, but when you are going that fast, I think it is a better choice to look at the road.
I know what you mean goofy, I have an 03 R1. Although the it is a digital gauge, it was pretty cool to see 195.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Don't forget that the speedometer can have up to a 5% error or so. Unless you are clocked by an independent source, there is no way to tell exactly how fast your are going. Not that it matters though, even at a 5% error going 140+ is still wicked fast.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
I've had mine to about 135. I've had it to 115-120 MANY times as well.

I think the top speed is computer limited at 144 though. I heard that when it hits cutoff it does it pretty damn hard too.

·
Registered
575 Posts
I havent hit any higher that 135mph. As soon as i find the right place at the right time, i'll let you know how fast we can go :)

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
i thought there was no limiter because it comes with Z rated tires, so legally they didn't have to put one in (figure GM wouldn't as it would have saved some pennies)

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
135 for me.....ALMOST clocked by an independent source. Thank God for a hill between him and me, that would have been a one way ticket to jail for sure........

·
Registered
74 Posts
rip_vw32 said:
135 for me.....ALMOST clocked by an independent source. Thank God for a hill between him and me, that would have been a one way ticket to jail for sure........

Nothing worse than finding yourself on a "Supervised" road at 135mph... LOL! :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
i have been to the fuel cutoff and when it hits it, it hits it hard. its not to much past 140. i want go past 140 anymore. i did not like it.

·
Registered
355 Posts
I have hit 140. And I do that quite often. There is a strech of road on I 94 between Ypsi and Belleville where there is a cement divider that runs for over a mile and no where for cops to sit. So at 3 in the morning there is no traffic on the road, thats when you can have fun. Cause if I do have an accident it's only me.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
myredline said:
I have hit 140. And I do that quite often. There is a strech of road on I 94 between Ypsi and Belleville where there is a cement divider that runs for over a mile and no where for cops to sit. So at 3 in the morning there is no traffic on the road, thats when you can have fun. Cause if I do have an accident it's only me.

I know that stretch quite well.

·
Registered
355 Posts
jpapa said:
I'll have to 'investigate' this stretch of road....I've driven down it before, just not recently in my RL.
Yes you should. If you do it at night just make sure there are no cars ahead of you. You don't want to run up on a cop at 140. :D

·
Registered
683 Posts
I remember people that would think my 81 corvette was slow just cuz the speedo only went to 85, aparently they never heard of the gas crisis, anyway, when some one asked how fast it could go, I would tell them "about 25" after rounding it full circle.

·
Registered
17 Posts
The Cobalt Ss Supercharged Comes Right From The Dealer Goin 153 Mph Which Is Pretty Fast Bu Tmy Friend Has A Rl And We Got About 140 And That Was Really Fast

1 - 20 of 22 Posts