Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know Saturn has a no haggle arrangement, but I'm curious if any of you guys got yours for less than sticker, or for that matter, more than sticker?

For the record, I got my SRT-4 for $19,100 after 2 hours of bargaining (they had it marked up to $24,995).

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Well the sticker on mine was $20,395+ $495 for shipping. I recieved $4250.00 in rebates. So after all was sad and done I got her out the door for $.18,500.
She has almost 5000 miles on her in about 10 weeks. I have yet to have any problems with her.

·
Registered
674 Posts
The sticker on mine was $21,160 and was discounted to $16,900. After my trade and financing I left at just under $15,000. Can't really complain.

·
Registered
114 Posts
i got 6,750 off after talking to managers at like 5 dealers in the area one would do it. I payed like 17,000 with everything on it but the xm and on star and after my down payment i had to finace 15k.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Sticker on mine was 22,6 plus 500 for the aftermarket spoiler so I guess like 23.1k. I paid 18.1k before tax. This is why I got the redline and not the srt-4. More bang for the buck. I figured I'll spend the difference between the two on my redline and it will be just as good but look better (my wife hated the looks of the srt-4).

·
Registered
767 Posts
Sticker was $22,600, $3750 in rebates, $1000 in GM vouchers, and another $2000 because my dad is a Saturn GM. After trade in and everything I ended up at about $15,000.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I got my SRT-4 new for $17,900. I got lucky. A guy won the car through a "Footlocker Back to School Sweepstakes". He was 50 something and had no use for the car. I rode up, he picked it up from the dealer, I gave him a check for the amount and drove it home. What a long day. Had to drive from Milwaukee all the way down to Chicago to sell my Civic SI. Then I had to drive all the way up to Green Bay to pick up the SRT-4. I guess you can consider it used since I bought it from him, so I am the second owner.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Undertaker said:
I got my SRT-4 new for $17,900. I got lucky. A guy won the car through a "Footlocker Back to School Sweepstakes". He was 50 something and had no use for the car. I rode up, he picked it up from the dealer, I gave him a check for the amount and drove it home. What a long day. Had to drive from Milwaukee all the way down to Chicago to sell my Civic SI. Then I had to drive all the way up to Green Bay to pick up the SRT-4. I guess you can consider it used since I bought it from him, so I am the second owner.
Nice job. Assuming you keep it for a while and don't care much about depreciation, you did well. If you want to get technical though, you bought a used one in which case 17,9 is probably high for a used srt-4. But hey, I would have done it if I was going to keep it for a while. You must be the only srt-4 owner who got Saturn rebates.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yeah, I will probably keep it until it dies. I wanted a cheap 4 door with some power. It's easier hauling kids around in the SRT than the Civic. Talk about a pain. And the fact that I have a trunk now and no custom box. It worked out good for me.

·
Registered
134 Posts
i am bumping this topic to show my dealer who wants to sell me a 2004 with 400 miles on it for 18,900 with the only option being floormats! so BUMP

·
Registered
1 Posts
How to find the rebates?

My work is buying one for me but the rebates would put some cash in the pocket for some mods. Where are you all finding 6,000 in rebates! I'm getting an 05' -- shoot me an e-mail we are signing in a few days. [email protected]

·
Registered
416 Posts
beiyiyang said:
My work is buying one for me but the rebates would put some cash in the pocket for some mods. Where are you all finding 6,000 in rebates! I'm getting an 05' -- shoot me an e-mail we are signing in a few days. [email protected]
Mine was 3k in rebates, 1.5k in "flex cash" and 500 off MSRP just cause I didn't like the spoiler. I don't know about the 05s. I don't think you will get as good a deal on an 05 for obvious reasons.

·
Registered
767 Posts
The amazing rebates were on the 04's so they could move invintory, you wont find the same great deal on an 05.

·
Registered
134 Posts
question for ya'll
You guys think it's a good deal to get my Redline for $14500 new, loaded 04. BUT i have a 2004 chevy aveo that i have to trade in and it is worth 6500 and the pay off is 10K. With it all rolled in and financed my payments will be $345 a month. I can afford that no problem, and i don't think there will be any other way to get out from underneath this piece of shit aveo. Do you guys think it is a good idea or not? Thanks Jay

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
is the aveo really that bad (not thinking of speed here)? the deal on the RL is great, and even after the negative equity, you'll be paying less than i did. it is something i would do if payments and insurance are well below 33% of your income (take home), but if you can afford it, yet not much else, don't do it. it's not really worth going upside down on a car, but if your income permits, then go for it

·
Registered
134 Posts
the aveos trans mount broke at 75mph on the freeway, not like i was shifting it at 6000rpms either i was crusing. The engine fell to the drivers side and took out the half shaft and almost killed me, (almost flipped) i hate the car with a passion. Yeah i can afford it just fine. I made a deal with my parents, they pay for the car for one year ($225 worth of $345) and i pay the rest. When i graduate from Eastern Mich U in a year i take over the payments, I think this will work out well. As of now i pay my own apartment rent $1000 month, and all my utilities, water, gas, electric, high speed internet etc. So this will be no problem.
What ever you all do remember this. FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS DRIVE AVEOS! Later Jay

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
xtremelumina92 said:
the aveos trans mount broke at 75mph on the freeway, not like i was shifting it at 6000rpms either i was crusing. The engine fell to the drivers side and took out the half shaft and almost killed me, (almost flipped) i hate the car with a passion. Yeah i can afford it just fine. I made a deal with my parents, they pay for the car for one year ($225 worth of $345) and i pay the rest. When i graduate from Eastern Mich U in a year i take over the payments, I think this will work out well. As of now i pay my own apartment rent $1000 month, and all my utilities, water, gas, electric, high speed internet etc. So this will be no problem.
What ever you all do remember this. FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS DRIVE AVEOS! Later Jay
If you can afford then why not?

Also, very cool of your folks to help you with the payment until you get out of college.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts