Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a question 4 everyone on the forum...what is your car insurance running? I think I'm getting screwed with state farm. They say "it's not a regular saturn" and raised my premium.
I'm married, clean record, no minor children on the coverage, I'm well over 25, full coverage with state farm and it's going to run me $448.57 (for 6 mon)...& this is with discounts of multi-car discounts & homeowners insurance being with them...again, this for full coverage and 100,000/300,000/100,000.
Is there another company giving better quotes? (and please don't tell me to call Geico). Need advise from all of you.
Thanks.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
state farm, was 1300 for 6 months, bitching brought it down to 8xx for 6 months, with renters insurance and multiple cars. i am only 22

·
Registered
617 Posts
3380 / year

19yrs old

still under parents plan

no tickets... clean record. ya it blows.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
SilverBulletRL said:
3380 / year

19yrs old

still under parents plan

no tickets... clean record. ya it blows.
you're kidding! well @ 19-20 i was paying 375 a month on a tiburon GT, so i guess it's not that bad. i also have a horrible driving record. they just told me they "might" take away my liscence for 5 years!!!

·
Registered
416 Posts
Blu_Redline said:
I've got a question 4 everyone on the forum...what is your car insurance running? I think I'm getting screwed with state farm. They say "it's not a regular saturn" and raised my premium.
I'm married, clean record, no minor children on the coverage, I'm well over 25, full coverage with state farm and it's going to run me $448.57 (for 6 mon)...& this is with discounts of multi-car discounts & homeowners insurance being with them...again, this for full coverage and 100,000/300,000/100,000.
Is there another company giving better quotes? (and please don't tell me to call Geico). Need advise from all of you.
Thanks.
YOu are crazy. THose are great rates. State farm almost always has very competitive rates, but the insurance company itself sucks. That's my experience as an attorney.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Well it WAS around $88.00 a month, then my insurance company figured out the difference between an Ion3 and a Redline, so now it's like, $150 a month. Bastards.

I'm 23, single, and have a totally clean record. The company is called Leader Insurance.

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
$3850 for a year AAA insurance. 20 years old/Living in San Francisco, CA. 21st century was asking for $4,500 a year. Oh yeah, I have 1 point on my record.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
04 Ion Redline + 05 Mercedes C230 Kompressor Sport Sedan = $221 per month

32 yrs old and married. I have a clean driving record but my wife got into an accident in her VUE and totalled it about a month ago so I'm sure it will go up when we renew the policy.

·
Registered
69 Posts
$77.60 a month (466 for six months) with 21st century including good driver, and lojack (15%) discount. I'm 28, not married.

·
Registered
87 Posts
$1876/ year

3 points.

No "at fault" accidents.
I'm 21.

Limited Tort
500coll /500 com deduc
25K/50K/100K
5K prop.
0 medical
no rental car

It's better than the 2800 they want for the SS I was going to buy :p

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Not exactly the responses that I was expecting. I guess it sucks to be in your 20s in Kali, but then that goes with out saying ;) . I was basing my displeasure on the fact my new 02 sunfire gt that was a $17,500 sticker only runs $300/6 mos. and the '00 Neon w/bodykit runs $335/6mos. (we went round and round on why a lesser car costs more to insure - Neon sustains more damage and costs more to fix = higher rates). We are in our 40s with great records, so it just seemed outrageous that the Redline was $200+ a year more to insure. The agent's excuse was that the V.I.N. number shows up as a "performance vehicle" so it costs more. I really should have turbo'd the sunfire's Ecotec instead.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I am paying 940 every 6 months, when I transferred the insurance from my 01 civic to my redline it only went up 16 bucks a month. I was very surprised for such a minimal increase so I'm hoping the insurance company didnt screw up and won't call me next month saying my rates are now doubled.

·
Registered
42 Posts
96 SL2, 03 Chevrolet Trailblazer LTZ, 04 Ion Redline, Oh and a 01 GSXR 1000 = 221 per month......Full Coverage, $250 Deductible

·
Registered
64 Posts
I use geico and they insured me at the same rate as they had my '01 Honda Civic LX, ~150/mo. Oh, '04 RL Brand New on clearance. Got the bad boy out the door for 17k.

Just turned 25, single with a ticket and an accident. I was pleased when I found out my premiums weren't changing. Been very happy with the service from Geico too. I would recommend anyone shopping insurance around check them out.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I am with State Farm and I am just under $500 for semi annual premium. They have the Redline listed as a seperate model, and as a performance model. Some people have tried getting it listed as a QC, but the VIN will show it as a Redline.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts