Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
6,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pressed for time and a quick search revealed nothing...I know I've seen it before, but can't find it now.

Some guys are upping the value to like 21-23 psi so that NO boost is ever bleeded off - where's the value to change that?

Thanks!

·
Registered
6,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
djt81185 said:
tq management
supercharger

upper right hand corner
We're looking at that, but I thought I saw something somewhere with a "psi" value to it - am I missing it or was I seeing something for a cobalt or something?

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
mgm1979 said:
We're looking at that, but I thought I saw something somewhere with a "psi" value to it - am I missing it or was I seeing something for a cobalt or something?
You don't use PSI in tuning the motor, it's in kPa... and remember it starts from 0.

·
Moderator Kitteh!
11,564 Posts
Change all the values in both, Desired Map and Desired Map S/S, tables to 256

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
AlphaJaguar5 said:
Change all the values in both, Desired Map and Desired Map S/S, tables to 256
Do you know if he has an 04 or 05?

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Oh, there's also a value in the middle of the screen that lets you set first gear's boost %-age.

·
Moderator Kitteh!
11,564 Posts

·
Moderator Kitteh!
11,564 Posts
lol, just checked it and wow, yours goes my lb/ft! thats wierd and funny, its wiunny!

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
AlphaJaguar5 said:
lol, just checked it and wow, yours goes my lb/ft! thats wierd and funny, its wiunny!
Yeah, it controls torque thorugh timing rather than boost, I believe. Which is kinda nice now that I understand it more. I can set a limit for 1st gear that won't be affected by temperature and elevation like boost would.

·
Moderator Kitteh!
11,564 Posts
You spoiled 05's! btw I just got my best friend to buy an 06 Cobalt SS/SC and trade in his 05 civic ex. Signing the papers for it tommorrow:bananahum

·
Registered
6,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm an 04...

We got it figured out...I coulda sworn I'd seen some PSI numbers somewhere, which is why we were having an issue. We saw those two catgories, but didn't really believe they were them.

Thanks for the help, especially DJT who steered us in the right direction.

My car will be getting flashed tomorrow, now that I know better what I'm doing!

:thinkerg:

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
my 05 is boost based...spooner got a fubar tune from gm and its now tq based like an 06

Dan

·
Moderator Kitteh!
11,564 Posts
lol, crazy GM:eek:rangehat

·
Registered
375 Posts
My 05 Cobalt with GM Stage 1 is listed in ft/lb too. It says min 0 and max 6042. So if I set it to the 6042 the basically turns it off right? Or should I be setting it to 0?

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
BlackSS said:
Anyone help me?
Missed the question, sorry.

You turn it up to allow more power, and down (closer to 0) to limit power.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Thanks for your help.

Do you know what you have to change for injector sizes? Do you just tune the VE and the Maf Calibration? Or is there something else? I've got the 42.5lb/hr Intense injectors but running the GM stage flash so I imagine it's off by a little bit. Like I said before I tuned the VE and got the LTFTs within -5 and 0 right now but sometimes when I first start the car and start driving when I shift to 2nd it falls right on it's nose and almost stalls, it's fine when it's warmed up so I figure it might have something to do with this.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
NoRemorse said:
So the 06+ is tq based, and 05- is boost based?

If so, SO GLAD I GOT THE 06!!

idk why ur happy about that...the boost based makes more sense...but to each his own lol

1 - 20 of 31 Posts