Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Likes "Cheese" and "Head"
16,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In VCM Scanner, Gauges View

1. Create a custom PID called "E85AFR" and use the following equation.

([AUX.20012]/14.7)*9.75977

AUX.20012 = Your wideband input. So you divide your actual AFR by 14.7 to determine the Lambda value and then multiply the lambda by E85 stoich.

That will give you your E85 AFR.

2. Create another custom PID called "E85ARFERROR"

100*([USER.900X]-[SENS.121])/[SENS.121]

USER.900X = Custom PID from above

In your Historgrams

3. Create a new histogram based off the regular AFR ERROR MAF table but use the following equation for Plot Filtering.

[USER.900X] < 20 AND [USER.900X] > -20 AND [USER.900Y] < 17.25

USER.900X = Custom PID from Step 1
USER.900Y = Custom PID from Step 2

4. Create an E85 AFR Gauge (Optional)

Add a new gauge in the Gauges view to see the E85 AFR.

Choose E85AFR as the PID for gauge.

Enjoy!

VCM Suite 2.23 Beta
VCMSuite-2_23_Beta.msi - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download

·
Premium Member
2,332 Posts
My HP tuners didn't have everything set up to read the STFTvsLTFT for dialing in the MAF. Think you could post that equation for people too?

·
16,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My HP tuners didn't have everything set up to read the STFTvsLTFT for dialing in the MAF. Think you could post that equation for people too?
I could. Or it might be easier to start with a VCM Scanner config that had all the information setup.

STFT and LTFT logging does not need to be changed to run E85. Those are both calculated by the car's primary O2. That sensor reads Lambda so everything is properly configured using the stoich fuel setting and the actual value from the primary O2.

·
Premium Member
2,332 Posts
I could. Or it might be easier to start with a VCM Scanner config that had all the information setup.

STFT and LTFT logging does not need to be changed to run E85. Those are both calculated by the car's primary O2. That sensor reads Lambda so everything is properly configured using the stoich fuel setting and the actual value from the primary O2.
Skatin had to walk me through setting it up in the histograms so that I could adjust the MAF even though I had a redlinecfg file. It was supposed to be #10 or something like that but it was showing up as an invalid parameter.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Skatin had to walk me through setting it up in the histograms so that I could adjust the MAF even though I had a redlinecfg file. It was supposed to be #10 or something like that but it was showing up as an invalid parameter.
I got a config file if you need one for maf error and all that good stuff. GM post up your config file for people that cant get it to work.

Also another good thing to do if you dont want to take the time and set everything up in vcm scanner you can do like I did and program your wideband for e85. Then you dont have to change anything in vcm scanner and you can still do the maf error.

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Some pids wont transfer from computer to computer. His trims were off from the tune I sent him so I told him how to get his trims in check.

BTW Ben how is it running?

·
Premium Member
2,332 Posts
It sure don't like startin up but once it does and warms up a bit it's runnin fine. Found out my pulley isn't making enough boost though so I'm going to have to go check for exhaust leaks now.

For whatever reason HP Tuners didn't save that new PID you helped me make. I'm trying to figger out how to get it back.

·
16,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Also another good thing to do if you dont want to take the time and set everything up in vcm scanner you can do like I did and program your wideband for e85. Then you dont have to change anything in vcm scanner and you can still do the maf error.
Good point.

[SENS.114]+[SENS.116] is to make the average of stft and ltft.
Are you sure that is the best way to tune for fuel trims? The LTFTs are a major adjustment and the STFTs are a minor adjustment based off the LTFTs. Right?

I honestly don't know for sure.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Good point.

Are you sure that is the best way to tune for fuel trims? The LTFTs are a major adjustment and the STFTs are a minor adjustment based off the LTFTs. Right?

I honestly don't know for sure.
To tune the LTFTs Why wouldnt you just air fuel vs ve error and tune the ve the ltfts should fall in place then.

·
16,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
To tune the LTFTs Why wouldnt you just air fuel vs ve error and tune the ve the ltfts should fall in place then.
That is what I do on my car but I know there are other ways to do it. I don't want to be closed minded on other options if they work better.

And you could tune the car without disabling the fuel trims. Its how Josh from 0TTP tuned my car a couple of years ago.

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Thats how shaun set me up and my ltft is 0 most days.

I thought ltft were an average of stft honestly. It has always worked well for me. Im 100% maf so I tune the cruising cells using that equation and then turn them off and get the wot cells using wb error and then when I re-enable the trims, everything averages to zero.

Dont want to whore up this thread. Eric if you got something better pm me and let me know. I am also open minded. Oh ill pm you here in a bit I have a question anyways.

·
16,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thats how shaun set me up and my ltft is 0 most days.

I thought ltft were an average of stft honestly. It has always worked well for me. Im 100% maf so I tune the cruising cells using that equation and then turn them off and get the wot cells using wb error and then when I re-enable the trims, everything averages to zero.
I run 100% maf too. Mainly because I am too lazy to learn how to VE tune. :)

Im 100% maf so I tune the cruising cells using that equation and then turn them off and get the wot cells using wb error and then when I re-enable the trims, everything averages to zero.
If you re-enable the trims and everything averages to zero that does not mean that they perfectly dialed in. That is what the fuel trims do in closed loop. They adjust the fuel delivery to make sure the average is zero.

But if your LTFT/STFTs are zero then your golden.

Dont want to whore up this thread. Eric if you got something better pm me and let me know. I am also open minded. Oh ill pm you here in a bit I have a question anyways.
Whore it up man!

I am sure there are a lot of people out there with the same questions.

:bigthumb:

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
I run 100% maf too. Mainly because I am too lazy to learn how to VE tune. :)
I am the same way I have ran maf only and the normal way I like maf only alot better easy to tune and works wonders.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts