Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

· Likes "Cheese" and "Head"
16,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
This basically covers connecting any wideband system to an Interceptor scan gauge. Most wideband system do not come with a gauge. So there is no way to instantly see your w/b readings unless you are using HPTs to log in the information.

Some wideband systems to come with their own gauge. Like the AEM UEGO. Connecting the AEM to an Interceptor is not necessary. But some people still do it because the like matching gauges.

· ....Just A Saturn My Ass
1,222 Posts
Ok... SO since im a moron and do not understand this fully.. this is where im at:

I just purchased a Aeroforce Interceptor which came with the wide band connection but waiting for a sensor. After reading this I get the assumption that I can not just hook up the aeroforce and the wideband kit and automatically get my wideband readings? I plan to have the car tuned next year which is why i bought this... also to fill the empty hole of my dual pod pillar. Since I dont understand anything on the first page I figured id ask my dumb question in a form I can understand, so mainly is the wideband interceptor kit plug and play to get reading or needs to be calibrated??? Thanks everyone

1,222 Posts
I will read over it again.. maybe im just missing something.

I think I may not have to worry about this because I read in the interceptor instructions that if the parameters were already set then they do not need to be re entered if the battery is disconnected or the cables etc. Only parameters need to be set when brand new out of box.

· Likes "Cheese" and "Head"
16,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I will read over it again.. maybe im just missing something.

I think I may not have to worry about this because I read in the interceptor instructions that if the parameters were already set then they do not need to be re entered if the battery is disconnected or the cables etc. Only parameters need to be set when brand new out of box.
Most likely your wideband kit is setup to read

0v = 10afr
5v = 20afr

That means when the wideband is sending a 0v signal, the wideband is reading an air to fuel ratio of 10 or lower. When it is sending a 5v signal, the wideband is reading and air to fuel ratio of 20 or higher.

The Slope and Intercept of the above configuration is:

Slope = 2
Intercept = 10

So yes. You should be able to set the Interceptor input to wideband and have the default configuration work.

I had to change mine for my LC-1 wideband because it is configured differently.

1,222 Posts
Most likely your wideband kit is setup to read

0v = 10afr
5v = 20afr

That means when the wideband is sending a 0v signal, the wideband is reading an air to fuel ratio of 10 or lower. When it is sending a 5v signal, the wideband is reading and air to fuel ratio of 20 or higher.

The Slope and Intercept of the above configuration is:

Slope = 2
Intercept = 10

So yes. You should be able to set the Interceptor input to wideband and have the default configuration work.

I had to change mine for my LC-1 wideband because it is configured differently.
Well I will use this info when I get the correct interceptor lol Yup thats right. I purchased a Cn series interceptor. When it was sold to me I was told it was for our cars..but its definitely not. Our are a pt series. I just notcied this last night when I hooked it up. So I need to sell this one and buy another.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.