Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

21 - 40 of 146 Posts

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
scarlett_trocar said:
Also, I was kinda thinking in my head about the little hole after the antenna is gone...how funny someone else thought that too and actually found a plug for it!
It's really not that big of a deal and you won't even think about it

Just the fact that the ugly antenna is gone/hidden is all that matters

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
i just did it.. took me about a half hour.. the bottom bolt on the antenna was a bitch and i dropped my wrench in the fender.. took me a bit to get it out.. but besides that it was cake.. too freakin easy.. and i lost no am or fm signal.. i got the plug at ace hardware for 48cents and the finished product looks sweet.. nice and clean, just how i like it..

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
good to hear!

Yeah there's not too much room to work with, but it's manageable & sure beats taking the fender off....lol

·
THE LEGEND
2,603 Posts
I just did the antenna mod too, very easy, looks a lot better. :) the antenna never really bothered me & i'd heard of people doing it, but never really cared about it :shrug03: untill I saw the pics with & without. It's amazing to me how much cleaner the car looks w/o it. Anyway good write up, made it a lot easier, thanks bro. :) :)

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
no problem....just glad I could help!

I had a short rubber antenna before, but it kind of looked ghetto........this solution is 1000000 times better & FREE :)

Plus it'll make you sooooo much faster since you won't have the drag of the antenna...lol :rolleyes:

·
SPARTA!!!
10,655 Posts
snobrdrdan said:
no problem....just glad I could help!

I had a short rubber antenna before, but it kind of looked ghetto........this solution is 1000000 times better & FREE :)

Plus it'll make you sooooo much faster since you won't have the drag of the antenna...lol :rolleyes:
Less Drag FTW!

·
THE LEGEND
2,603 Posts
Yeah, silver & no antenna drag. Holy crap she's a rockett now, i'm going out prowling for vettes, not silver vettes though. :grinbigin Btw, after the ant. mod I actually get a station that used to not come in so clear better now.:shrug03:

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Maybe your antenna is touching the frame and the whole vehicle is just one big rolling antenna now....lol :shrug03:

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #30 (Edited)
Added a 7/8" nylon cap/plug today. Picked it up from ACE hardward for $0.65

It's in the hardware (nuts, screws, bolts) aisle in the little plastic drawers where you can buy everything individually

Looks a lot better & finishes the clean look!!! It's in there super tight and isn't going anywhere and matches the cowl perfectly too!

pics:

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
it took me awhile to find that little damn plug when i did mine.. cuz its not in packaging its just as is in the pic thrown in the little drawers by the nutz and bolts as you said.. took the clerk like a half hour to find it and i even had the part number..pissed me off.. lol

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
That part number that was listed (#2703) was wrong because after I found the nylon plugs, that number wasn't listed at all on the boxes

But like I said it's in the drawer labeled "Nylon Hole Plugs"--which was at the end of all the boxes/drawers at my local ACE hardware

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
I'd just like to thank you for the how-to, man.

21 - 40 of 146 Posts