Registered
6,945 Posts
another satisfied customer!

·
Registered
6,945 Posts
redlineinsc said:
dude, those side skirts look sick
mine? :shrug03: if ya like the car i've got plenty of pix of it... :) more in the pictures/videos section under title "glamour shots" :D
or here

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
yeah this looks slicker than a shorty antenna....it cleans up the lines of the car since there isn't a boner of an antenna popping up anymore

And like I've said before...."less drag" without the antenna flopping in the wind...lol

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
Thank you for the How-to. Made it very easy.

Here is a problem that I ran into, that I have never heard of before.

When the antenna is flipped there are only two ways it can go on : facing the headlights, or facing the ground, am I right? Eitherway, with the antenna facing the headlights, I had it bolted in, and the fender would not fit over the hump on the antenna bracket. There was no way, other than some custom drilling, to get the antenna to line up correctly. So I flipped it facing downwards towards the ground, bent the atenna into a nice little spiral so it would fit in the fender opening, and bolterd her down and called it a day. I don't know if this is a Canadian thing, or maybe a queerbecer thing (the car was new from quebec) I don't know, but the bracket sat much higher than the pictures posted above.

Just thought this might be usefull information, in case someone else stumbles accross this.

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
SHOULD be exactly like the pictures....dunno man

You flipped/turned the bracket over from the way it was on the car orginially, right???

And yeah the tip of the antenna should be facing toward the corner lights/headlights

Did it on my fiance's Ion 3 too, and went like cake.

Take some pictures & post them up so I can see what you're talking about

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
Dan,
I can't grab pictures this weekend, but I TRIED (hahah) to draw up what I mean on Microsoft Paint.

see why I laughed now..

Ok explaination,

on option 2, the green line is the approximate location of the top of the right fender.

on option 3, the gray is a shadow from where the bracket isn't touching the body....

damnit a picture would help plenty here...I was so confused when i couldn't get my fender back on..I couldn't even lift it up and over the 'knub'....I WILL get pictures ASAP...I'll even show you my wicked antenna spiral mod! haha

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
It should've been Option 2, but I think you put it in the wrong bolt hole & that's why it was sitting too high.

Use only one bolt & try the lower bolt hole ;)

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
snobrdrdan said:
It should've been Option 2, but I think you put it in the wrong bolt hole & that's why it was sitting too high.

Use only one bolt & try the lower bolt hole ;)
Did I miss read that from the original instructions?! I had both bolts in the holes, I couldn't figure out how it was wrong, haha it obviously wasn't right though. I don't think I am going to / can change it, the way my stock antenna is all bent up to fit facing downward, I would have to buy a 'new' antenna, then this mod is no longer free!

One bolt makes sense though, It would lower it that extra 1.5 inches, which is about all I needed. I guess just tighten that bolt up real nice and snug and it would spin on the single axis?

Eitherway, I will still try to post up a picture when I can.

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Periodic said:
Did I miss read that from the original instructions?! I had both bolts in the holes, I couldn't figure out how it was wrong, haha it obviously wasn't right though. I don't think I am going to / can change it, the way my stock antenna is all bent up to fit facing downward, I would have to buy a 'new' antenna, then this mod is no longer free!

One bolt makes sense though, It would lower it that extra 1.5 inches, which is about all I needed. I guess just tighten that bolt up real nice and snug and it would spin on the single axis?

Eitherway, I will still try to post up a picture when I can.
You skipped Step 10.....gotta read carefully....lol

Just tighten the one bolt snugly & it'll hold it in place without a problem ;)

10. Then you wanna put only one of the 10mm bolts back in (the top one) and then tighten it down.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
Damnit, well now I apologize for wasting space in this how-to.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
hahah laugh at the nooob who can't read!

·
DSLSJA Godfather
12,303 Posts
This is like a choose your own adventure book, comedy style. Do I choose a- being a noob, b- being canadian, or c- the idea that a 10min mod has caused so much frustration and confusion lol

I'll take C Chuck. If it were Xero Id take B because he and I love to jokingly insult each others countries. =)

Im just playing with you man, enjoy the new look

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
mrphoto103 said:
This is like a choose your own adventure book, comedy style. Do I choose a- being a noob, b- being canadian, or c- the idea that a 10min mod has caused so much frustration and confusion lol

I'll take C Chuck. If it were Xero Id take B because he and I love to jokingly insult each others countries. =)

Im just playing with you man, enjoy the new look

I'm gonna take "screw it up Canadian style for $200, Alex"

Thanks for playing...lol

It's all good Periodic.....once you've done it's easier, obviously. Leave it how you have it or just try and fix it thought.

41 - 60 of 146 Posts