Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

61 - 80 of 146 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Went to Ace Hardware, no nylon plug, but I did find a rubber cork like stopper that just worked fine. Great how-to BTW.

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Supey said:
Went to Ace Hardware, no nylon plug, but I did find a rubber cork like stopper that just worked fine. Great how-to BTW.
Really???

I know a bunch of people have found it there & I went to two different ones and they both had them.

It's in the loose hardware (screws, bolts, nuts, misc. stuff) aisle and in the drawers where you pick them out & then tell them how much they are at the register

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
snobrdrdan said:
I'm gonna take "screw it up Canadian style for $200, Alex"

Thanks for playing...lol

It's all good Periodic.....once you've done it's easier, obviously. Leave it how you have it or just try and fix it thought.
I am going to leave it how it is, since my antenna is pretty much all bent to shit, but if I run into anyone else I'll be sure to tell them "one bolt - the american way" :p haha

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Well look at the bright side.....you still have reception & your antenna is still hidden....lol

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
Amen......

·
Registered
238 Posts
Great write up and the pictures were great. Just seems like a lot of work compared to the other one posted in the how too section (or wherever I saw it). Is this way that much more superior? Less antenna rattle or something like that?

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
I didn't know there was a different write up for it?????

This only takes like 10 minutes.....I just did a detailed write up on it so people would have EVERY step and not get confused or anything

The antenna doesn't rattle at all either!!

·
Registered
238 Posts
I think the other write up for it is come at it from the engine block side, losen the top bolt, undo the lower bolt and just swing it down, tighten it back up into place, and if needed, tie down to the frame.

Admittedly your way was better illistrated and seems less "rigged" but removing panels always makes me nervous. lol.

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
this way is fine.....you're not really "moving panels" at all though...just pulling one out a little

And you have to flip the bracket over anyways or it don't sit right, and you can't get to the bolts without peeling back the fender just a tiny bit

·
Registered
2,102 Posts

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
mrphoto103 said:
Eh, just at anyone and everyone that is getting stressed and upset over this and makes it seem like a big deal.
you and/or tib's were the "creators"

I just illustrated it & wrote it out

It's not hard at all though

·
Registered
238 Posts
now that I got my car back I'm not sweating it anymore. lol just need the time to do it. and the chick helping me used to work at home depot and now works at lowes. so I'll pay a whole quarter for the plastic tab. LOL

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
just finished, looks good took like 10 mins

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Kirtsky said:
Dang, I was all set and then saw the part about losing AM reception.
I would love to do this mod but i be lost without my AM radio. gotta listen to my bears and cubbies.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Go Cubbies!

·
Registered
238 Posts
I'm going to do mine Saturday probably. Maybe on Sunday and let my kids "help" too. I think next up will be to touch up the headlights. . . . and buy some nightshade for the side lamps . . . . . and then . . . . and then . . . and then

;)

61 - 80 of 146 Posts