Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

81 - 100 of 146 Posts

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
all i gotta say is dan is a pimp!!! took me only 15 mins just like he said!!!! looks ooooohhhh sooooooo dope now!!! along with the painted underhood pieces and removing my front plate mount......sick!!!! :) ty dan!!!

had to go to 2 different ace's to finally find the plug.....it's all good for a mod that takes less than a buck or free (if you don't mind the hole there.)

Also, I didn't lose ANY radio signal. I would have been pissed if my FM modulator for my iPod didn't work. But it works great as do all the stations around the bay.

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
Why??

You hatin' on my write up??? lol

Yeah it's not a huge mod, but to people just starting to mod their RL...it's SOMETHING

·
THE LEGEND
2,603 Posts
Yeah, WHY! I would like to know photo:shrug03: The redline looks much cleaner w/o the antenna:confused: I cringe everytime I see you try & buy something off the forums:rofl:

·
DSLSJA Godfather
12,303 Posts
ION/GONE said:
Yeah, WHY! I would like to know photo:shrug03: The redline looks much cleaner w/o the antenna:confused: I cringe everytime I see you try & buy something off the forums:rofl:
that was awesome! lol

no no no, I love the mod. The CB antenna that comes with our car sucks! That (besides being hung over and bored) is how it started. :werd:

I only cringe because too many times people will read a write up on it (no matter how well written) and freak out cause they can't do it, can't figure something out, etc... :)

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
mrphoto103 said:
that was awesome! lol

no no no, I love the mod. The CB antenna that comes with our car sucks! That (besides being hung over and bored) is how it started. :werd:

I only cringe because too many times people will read a write up on it (no matter how well written) and freak out cause they can't do it, can't figure something out, etc... :)

nice low blow ION/GONE :shock:

But you're right....no names, but *cough* Periodic *cough*
(j/k man)

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
LOL...well that is the easiest way obviously

But for those that still listen to the radio....hiding the boner of a stock antenna is the best method

·
DSLSJA Godfather
12,303 Posts
I did yet another one at the strip last weekend, in the dark...lol

btw Paul I have that other door screw to give back to you.

·
Registered
4,921 Posts
snobrdrdan said:
LOL...well that is the easiest way obviously

But for those that still listen to the radio....hiding the boner of a stock antenna is the best method
people still listen to the radio?? :blockhead

·
Registered
669 Posts
Yeah Yeah late to the show but I still got this done tonight :D Looks great ... now if only I could find the damn 7/8" plug!!! I live in Canada and hit Home Depot, a couple custom car stereo places (who swear they stock them and have NONE in 7/8"), an electric wholesaler who had them 3/4, 9/16, and 3mm, Canadian Tire, Rona, WalMart, HomeHardware and a few other places ... I wasted $15 in gas going all over the city looking for a 0.60 cent part LOL

who am I kiding ... the $15 wasn't wasted ... I love my car ... and driving it :D

Sweet Mod!!

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
SpEnTBoY said:
Yeah Yeah late to the show but I still got this done tonight :D Looks great ... now if only I could find the damn 7/8" plug!!! I live in Canada and hit Home Depot, a couple custom car stereo places (who swear they stock them and have NONE in 7/8"), an electric wholesaler who had them 3/4, 9/16, and 3mm, Canadian Tire, Rona, WalMart, HomeHardware and a few other places ... I wasted $15 in gas going all over the city looking for a 0.60 cent part LOL

who am I kiding ... the $15 wasn't wasted ... I love my car ... and driving it :D

Sweet Mod!!
I have an extra one at my house :p

And if you wasted 15 bucks in gas in OUR city, you drive WAY to hard...haha

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #96
SpEnTBoY said:

Sweet Mod!!
Good to hear....I'd send you one of those caps for free, but shipping to Canada is like $10 nowadays...lol

·
Registered
669 Posts
LOL ok I'd seriously appreciate anyone getting a plug to me somehow. Xero if you've got one can I somehow hunt you down this weekend or next week? If so I'll PM you.

And on the gas thing ... yeah well .... I was on ring road for most of it going from the east end to the northwest where I live .... and back ... and forth :D

heh

if he doesn't I'll pay someone the damn shipping!!! :p

PS thanks guys

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #98
Alright man...I'll send you a plug...send me a whole $2 thru PayPal or something & I'll mail it to you....lol

PM me!

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
SpEnTBoY said:
LOL ok I'd seriously appreciate anyone getting a plug to me somehow. Xero if you've got one can I somehow hunt you down this weekend or next week? If so I'll PM you.

And on the gas thing ... yeah well .... I was on ring road for most of it going from the east end to the northwest where I live .... and back ... and forth :D

heh

if he doesn't I'll pay someone the damn shipping!!! :p

PS thanks guys
Where in the nw? I live in that end too

I'm busy this weekend what with the holiday and all, and next week I am out of town for work but am free for the rest of today.....lol

Though I have to find where my dad put the other one....

·
Registered
669 Posts
Xero you have a PM ... in the event that he cant find his extra ... I'll PM you snobrdrdan lol :p

81 - 100 of 146 Posts