Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

121 - 140 of 146 Posts

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
My FM reception dropped my more than I had hoped, but it's not bad. AM is all but nonexistant (not that I care, just checked because).

I am working on antenna mod v2.0, will update when I find the time - after everything else on my plate, lol. Still basically free, slightly more work, better reception.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Need Plug lol

So I did the tuck yesterday, quick and painless thanks the the tutorial. Now for the hard part, tracking down the ever elusive nylon plug. From what I've read, they are hard to find in Regina. The hunt is on....:armed:

·
Registered
669 Posts
Flatlander said:
So I did the tuck yesterday, quick and painless thanks the the tutorial. Now for the hard part, tracking down the ever elusive nylon plug. From what I've read, they are hard to find in Regina. The hunt is on....:armed:
I looked all over and found nothing ... ok well I found some plugs but none of them worked. Xero eventually mentioned that he had an extra one and brought it over :D .. but e did mention his dad found them at Rona I believe so to possibly save you hours of driving around and headache I'd check there first ;)

·
Registered
776 Posts
SpEnTBoY said:
I looked all over and found nothing ... ok well I found some plugs but none of them worked. Xero eventually mentioned that he had an extra one and brought it over :D .. but e did mention his dad found them at Rona I believe so to possibly save you hours of driving around and headache I'd check there first ;)
Save yourself the trouble and don't even bother with the plug. I drove all over town twice looking for it. Then it popped out within a week.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Margaritaville said:
Save yourself the trouble and don't even bother with the plug. I drove all over town twice looking for it. Then it popped out within a week.
popped out?? holy ... the one I got from Xero isn't going anywhere ... it snapped in after some convincing and will not budge or even spin in the hole :shrug03:

·
Registered
3,132 Posts
SpEnTBoY said:
popped out?? holy ... the one I got from Xero isn't going anywhere ... it snapped in after some convincing and will not budge or even spin in the hole :shrug03:
Yeah, mine feels solidly in there as well. If it did come out, you could get another and drop some superglue in there. As for where to find it; you should be able to find it at Lowes or Home Depot, it's in the aisle with the drawers that hold the screws/bolts/nuts.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Well maybe I bought the wrong one or something. I snapped it in there, but it wasn't such a convincing snap because it's just going into that flimsy piece. Then about a week later it was gone so I assumed that it got bumped or couldn't handle stayin in on the highway. I didn't try to do it again after that I just accepted that I would have that little hole showing.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
I could only buy packs of 2, so I have an extra. Mine is also snug as the proverbial bug, survivor of numerous high pressure carwashes and hasn't even thought about budging.

Hardly worth the stamp though to mail a $.50 bit of plastic, lol.

Lowes had white ones, Home Depot had black that is a very good match but in 2 packs.

Maybe that new member who's car ins in the shop with mine right now will want it. :)

·
Registered
694 Posts
interested, pm sent

·
Registered
9,397 Posts
antenna mod version 2, hopefully HID friendly!

instead of running the antenna down the fender towards the headlight, i routed it up the pillar, securing it with some double-sided tape. i was not able to secure the base of the antenna into the original holes, so i lined it up with the soft rubber plug on the inner fenderwall so it doesn't rattle.

also, i got my AM reception back!

Attachments

·
Registered
9,397 Posts
reception of AM is worlds better. i used to lose it completely once i went 10 miles outside of Boston and now i get it with reasonable clarity even 20 miles out.

FM reception seems unaffected as well.

the reason i pursued this version of the mod is because mantis sold me a HID set that was extremely staticky with the antenna mod. i have since sold the HIDs to another friend but i still plan to get HIDs eventually.

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
antenna mod version 2, hopefully HID friendly!

instead of running the antenna down the fender towards the headlight, i routed it up the pillar, securing it with some double-sided tape. i was not able to secure the base of the antenna into the original holes, so i lined it up with the soft rubber plug on the inner fenderwall so it doesn't rattle.

also, i got my AM reception back!
great idea what about a bracket to mount the base to doesn't it need to be grounded to work best?

121 - 140 of 146 Posts