Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

101 - 120 of 136 Posts

·
....Just A Saturn My Ass
1,222 Posts
Hmm wonder why they won't work. Did you try and reset it to default just to see if by chance it may work?

Hold any 1 of the buttons down for like 3 seconds or more.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Yep, did that. The only thing I can think is that maybe I'm not getting good contact at the pcm. I couldn't justify spending $20 on the wire direct from the dealer so I went to a junkyard and cut a whole pcm connector off a car and used one of the wires from it.
It's the same connector and the pin clicked in place like it was supposed to so I'm not sure.
My only other thought is why would the ladder tach need an input for the dash lights?
I can't see that being a problem unless I wired it wrong.

·
That guy is awesome ^^^
4,432 Posts
Damn I wish I could help you Scoobie. I could only trace the wires back about 6" before they led into a tree lol.

·
....Just A Saturn My Ass
1,222 Posts
I find It odd because I had the exact same problem when I hooked mine up. I tried resetting it, pressing the buttons but nothing would happen while driving or revving the car. I sat in the car while idling and adjusted the top knob turning it forever until they all lit up. It was adjusted so low, eventually I put where I wanted them.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Hmmm... I guess I'll go twist the knobs some more. I hope that's it. LOL
My fingers are tired of twisting the knobs. I'm gonna quadruple check my wiring this weekend, maybe the wire I used at the pin is bad.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Yeah, I'm sure it's something I'm overlooking. I know it worked when it was removed from the other car. The harness I built to carry the signal from pin 31 and my a/c pressure mod input for my wideband is new so it's either in the pin in the plug or one of my crimps. I guess I'll dig out the soldering iron and the heatshrink and make sure my connections are good this weekend. Thanks for the help, I appreciate it.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Nah, I used my sky hook to reach it then I used my wire stretcher to make sure it was long enough and tightened the thing up with my left handed pipe wrench. LOL
I just don't understand because my blinker fluid is full, my 710 cap is tight and I just got new muffler bearings. LMAO

·
....Just A Saturn My Ass
1,222 Posts
Nah, I used my sky hook to reach it then I used my wire stretcher to make sure it was long enough and tightened the thing up with my left handed pipe wrench. LOL
I just don't understand because my blinker fluid is full, my 710 cap is tight and I just got new muffler bearings. LMAO
Well it should definitely be working then after doin all that! Maybe by a can of checkered paint and give it a nice look.

True story: there was a news article years ago in Manitoba Canada about drivers who did no use their blinker because they said thy did no want to wear their blinkers out, so they did not use them.
Lol anyways I hope you find the issue soon.

·
Registered
905 Posts
I guess I'm going to try actually buying the pin. No idea why mine isn't working. Bought a second one and it does the same thing. Lights up with power and will reset but nothing at any rpm. It is supposed to be connected on the blue connector for just the ladder tach right?
I put a meter on the signal wire and I have 6 volts. Is this right?

·
Registered
175 Posts
scoobydoobie where are you buying those pins nowdays? I haven't been able to find them...

·
Registered
905 Posts
scoobydoobie where are you buying those pins nowdays? I haven't been able to find them...
I went to a junk yard and cut a whole plug off a Saturn. I just pulled the pins out of it and used them. LOL Cost me $2 for a handful instead of the $20 the local dealer wanted for one.

·
Registered
161 Posts
so i just finished installing it but instead of tying the tach power wires to the fuse panel i tied it to the radio, not a good idea, makes the lights go dim when you turn your lights on and they wont stop blinking even after the car is off.

then to compound the problem, the boost gauge/ladder tach itself isnt working properly, i the gauge only moves occasionally and the lights continue to blink, what do the three dials at the back of the unit do? everything from the ECM should be right, so i doubt its that

anyone have any suggestions?

101 - 120 of 136 Posts