Registered
808 Posts
fastimportracer said:
how to remove the redline sign on the car
if you are talking about the square with a red stripe just pull it off

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Get a heat gun or hair dryer and heat it up. After it's sufficiently warm, it'll pull right off. Then use alcohol to remove the remaining tape and residue.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Why, precisely, would you want to remove the badge? it's just a silver box with a red line through it! It's so discreet you wouldn't know it was THERE if you weren't paying attention.

This harkens me back to the first time I saw a Redline on the road, about 2 years ago (I was still driving my Sunfire!). My dad works at the GM Tech Center in Warren and he'd showed me a pre-production car that actually said "REDLINE" under the Ion badge, and the one I encountered on the road was captured fleet with only the current badge. Very sneaky, I thought to myself. However, when he flew away from me and I could hear the supercharger wailing, I knew what was happening.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
BeRad said:
Don't use alcohol, it could damage the clear coat. Use WD40 to remove the residue.
I used alcohol with zero damage. I even used it to remove the glue residue when I peeled off my pin stripes.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
unknownsuperhero said:
I always used gas to remove the stickeys . . . is that bad?
Or paint thinner . . .
I sure as hell wouldn't use gas or paint thinner! I hope you're being sarcastic... paint thinner? To remove something that's on PAINT!! Not a good idea...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts