Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So me and my two buddies are driving I-25 south from Denver, just before the I-225 interchange, when a brand new (still had temp tags, and those stupid dealer plate inserts) blue RSX pulls up next to me. He revs then goes, I try to keep up, but GAWD that thing is fast.. He pulls aabout 3 car lengths ahead of me then I can keep up. We started about 65mph, and I dropped it into third just to keep up. Wrapped it out in third, shifted to 4th, then we had to stop 'cause of trafic. BTW my two buddies weigh about 480 combined. Not small guys. Traffic opens up and we are off again, this time I get the lead, but barely. pull up next to me, I flash the peace sign, then merge onto I-225 north and that's the last I see of them.

Anyone know what those thing have in them? It looked like it was pulling pretty hard, seemed way too hard for a N/A. Man my two friends were like, "that guys spanked you", and "that was just too funny, I thought your car was supposed to be fast...."

And this after I tried to drag a cop in downtown Denver: stopped at a light, light went green, cop blew by me. All I saw was a white Ford front end, and figured some guy was trying to go for it, so I ran 1st gear up before I saw the markings on the door. Thankfully, I only caught up with him before I realized it was a cop, right at the end of the intersection, I let off real quick. My tow "Buddies" were laughing so hard, they were crying.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
500lbs will slow you down quite a bit, if you'd have dropped it into 3rd and kept up, you'd have taken him alone. it's nice to be reminded that our cars arent't that fast yet, more inspiration to spend on mods!

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
They are a 2.0 4cyliner the regular one makes 160hp while the type s makes 210 hp. So it would be failry close stock for stock, given you had a weight disadvantage it shifted it into his favor. Just get him next time.

·
Registered
291 Posts
clownhair said:
They are a 2.0 4cyliner the regular one makes 160hp while the type s makes 210 hp. So it would be failry close stock for stock, given you had a weight disadvantage it shifted it into his favor. Just get him next time.
well there not even that fast they dyno at like 170-180

·
Registered
4,556 Posts
BTW 65 is a bad time for us to race..

40- 2nd AWEASOME

70-75 3rd GOOD

65 3rd, not so good

keith-

you didnt do anything wrong, your rolling to fast for second, and your in the middle of 3rd.

have fun

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
SilverRedLine04 said:
BTW 65 is a bad time for us to race..

40- 2nd AWEASOME

70-75 3rd GOOD

65 3rd, not so good

keith-

you didnt do anything wrong, your rolling to fast for second, and your in the middle of 3rd.

have fun
Appreciate the confidence, I guess the guy took me by suprise.....

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
I had the same problem running a modded Ion sedan. Guy kept jumping me between gears, I had to give him a car length everytime, before I was building the speed to take him. Once I got going, it was no contest, but he was keeping me in HIS sweet spot, and out of mine. Since I couldn't just go 130 mph down residential streets, he could keep pulling on me before I'd take him.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Yes he did LOL . I beat a moded srt it had 5 peole not including the driver. i had gotten my hopes all up then we pull off together and all these people get out and i was like damn. But they still though he was gunna win so i felt a lil better . Two guys in the back maybe 130lbs each and two girls maybe 97lbs each and the pass and driver 160lbs. They thought i was turboed!!!LOL im supprised i couldnt see through theyr tint. the car wasnt lowered either. i though it was.!!! the car stood up when they all got out. LOL

·
Registered
173 Posts
They aint too bad, I can still beat them pretty damn good.:D

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
I raced a Type S from a 75 roll and only did the 5-4 downshift . . . was a little nervous about the 5-3, this was when I FIRST got the car. Now I know full well that at 75, a 3rd gear pull is sudden death, it looks like most other cars on the road are suddenly standing still.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts