Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a lucky mofo. Last night I went to the street races, everything was going good. I beat 2 cars 2 times a piece. a modded 91-94 240sx w/ sr20det and a celica GTS modded. I whooped em bad! bad I tell you! anyways, long story short. Cops come, I make a break for it. Cop tries to steer infront of me I go around him at about 35-40 mph. I'm still running, I come to a intersection, this accord blocks me! I cant get around him, there is a cop next to him and another cop behind me. Accord finally moves, i'm booking it. Cop is still behide me, i was hoping he was just trying to rush me out of the area. He tells me to pull over, I do. At this point he is pissed off cause he had to chase me. He tells me to get out, he handcuffs me, calls me a jackass like 23123 times. 2 more cop cars show up. They are searching my car, talking to me, trying to get more information about the street races. I just played dumb. They are telling me the whole time, they are going to tow my car and write me up for alot of violations.

Exhibition of speed
driving on the wrong side of the road
almost hitting a cop ( i didnt, but he thinks I did )
being at the street races.
wreckless driving.
speeding.
not yeilding to a officer.

I was pretty calm throughout the whole thing, I just played dumb. Told the cop I just freaked out this is my first time here. Didnt mean to almost hit him.yada yada yada. Eventually he let me go without a ticket and without my car towed! He told me to never come back and if he sees me come back that i will get my car towed and to remember he will remember me and that I drive a saturn and stick out like a sore thumb among the other racers. I am one lucky mofo. I was lucky that the street races that night were in a really shady area of San Francisco and that the cops did not want to stay there hours with me to get my car towed. They had better things to do I think.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,617 Posts
Guess it's different here in ohio. We almost exclusively run on the highway after 10pm on the weekends. I have done some dig races but, they are always with less than 5 cars present as to not draw attention to our racing.

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, it was dumb. I know, I occasionally go. Have gone to about 10 different street races all around the bay area. I'm not going anymore! I got off lucky and i'll keep it that way. Aeain, there was about 50 cars. Not a huge showup. On busy nights there are about 100 cars

·
I
7,838 Posts
I used to go to Ocean Parkway on Long Island, miles and miles of straight 2 lane road. Nothing but park police that don't give a damn.....tons of fun :D

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
I'll run random people that I happen to see or meet up with on the street, provided we have a LONG strip of road ahead with plenty of room to race. I'd never go to an event like that, man. That's just asking to get a ticket or arrested.

Dude, you lucked out BIG TIME!!!

Running from the cops? Holy shit man.

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
JPK said:
I'll run random people that I happen to see or meet up with on the street, provided we have a LONG strip of road ahead with plenty of room to race. I'd never go to an event like that, man. That's just asking to get a ticket or arrested.

Dude, you lucked out BIG TIME!!!

Running from the cops? Holy shit man.

Yeah, if that damn accord wasnt there sitting at that stop like a deer in headlights I would of booked it! I know I could of smoked every one of those police cars except one cop blocking the other entrance which was a mustang 5.0 cop specifically used to catch faster cars. But, i'm glad how it turned out. It could of been a shitload worse, like me booking it and them catching me w/ 83842384 cop cars. That was dumb, I will never go agian to any street race get together.

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh yeah, someone has me on tape whoopin the 240sx sr20det's ass 2 times and the celica gts. If i ever run into him agian, I want a copy!

·
Registered
272 Posts
meetings

i thought those street race meeting were only in fast and the furious i didnt know they really existed...i just race random ppl in the street (which i am not limiting!!!)..dude ive ran from the cops and im 1/2..lol first time i got:

wreckless driving
blowing stop sign
avoiding police (car and HELICOPTER)
speeding
people in the car when i was underage (my 6 months wernt up yet)
driving past midnight (im was a minor)
cop was positive i was smoking AND drinking (i was doign neither)
exhibition of speed (i was doing about 55 in a residential)
a lot of more little stuff

the worst part was it was the last day of school...ruined most of the summer for me..BUT..i got of clean!!! lol i was so lucky! i ended up at around the corner from my house..my neighbors came out (including my mom) and talked to him and he had another call he had to go to...

damn i was lucky.. :eek:

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
your mom came out and talked to the 9243248 cops chasing you and they let you go?

and yes, those kinds of races happen all over Cali. What part of cali you from? In the bay area they happen in San francisco near 3com park where the 49ers play, in Milpitas right next to San Jose(the highest quality of street races you will find in Nor Cal) You will find shitloads of fast ass cars here, lots of fast crew's battle for the "king" of this place, Millbrae, Oakland, tracy, stockton, fairfield, pleasonton there are these big get togethers everywhere in the bay area.

·
Registered
272 Posts
so cal

im down in the so cal area near buena park...theres quite a bit of races u can pick up on the streets but usually nothing worth wasting gas on.

·
Registered
109 Posts
redlineRACER said:
im down in the so cal area near buena park...theres quite a bit of races u can pick up on the streets but usually nothing worth wasting gas on.
Up here i havent seen anything as of yet, but this isnt the LA area so I doubt really much goes on.

·
Registered
10,134 Posts
redlineRACER said:
i thought those street race meeting were only in fast and the furious i didnt know they really existed...

Yeah they exist, I found my way to one last night. it was okay, but kinda dumb at the same time, You know your insurance wo'nt pay your family for your recklessness. BTW I won 3 out of 5 of my races. :)

·
Registered
86 Posts
redlineracer, there is street racing all over the la area! in ontario they have about 100 different industrial tracks those guys race on. it's worse than fast and the furious. on a good summer night you will get about 400-500 cars easily. mainly ricers but when the trailered muscle cars show up they race for a minimum of 3 G's per race. also there is a lot of racing that goes on in compton. there is a big muscle car crew that runs those streets. bell gardens, santa fe springs, all over ontario but the cops break it up routinely, anaheim, and in fullerton. there is a lot more racing out there than you think. there is a new law that states if you get caught street racing your car will immediately be sent to the car crusher, no questions asked. so street racing in california is pretty lame but guys still do it.

·
Registered
109 Posts
VueRedline said:
redlineracer, there is street racing all over the la area! in ontario they have about 100 different industrial tracks those guys race on. it's worse than fast and the furious. on a good summer night you will get about 400-500 cars easily. mainly ricers but when the trailered muscle cars show up they race for a minimum of 3 G's per race. also there is a lot of racing that goes on in compton. there is a big muscle car crew that runs those streets. bell gardens, santa fe springs, all over ontario but the cops break it up routinely, anaheim, and in fullerton. there is a lot more racing out there than you think. there is a new law that states if you get caught street racing your car will immediately be sent to the car crusher, no questions asked. so street racing in california is pretty lame but guys still do it.
How does that law work, doesnt make any sense lol. If they can just "crush your car" that sounds like something that could be easily bypassed. Plus that would be unconstituional. And if they DO crush your car do you get the money for the difference?

·
Registered
683 Posts
Right when "the movie" (i just hate repeating it) they came out with "The Movie" Law
Racing, participating, spectating, or suspected of ________, your car was impoundnd (if they catch you) Now they revamped it to involve Crushing (in some cases, seen it on tv several times). In my town some dumbass in an SRT killed some old man while racing, now on week-end nights they have "Modified car checkpoints" where they have a checkpoint Identical to a DUI checkpoint, and stop all cars that look or have the potential to be modified. (My frined in a S-10 whent through there blitzed as hell and they didnt even bat an eye, but when they saw me ohh man) I was there for about 2 hours explaining every little friggen thing I had done to my srt-4, although I didn not voulnteeer ANY information, they had some friggen Guru there that knew it all, hell he knew I had a Short throw, and an aftermarket WGA (waste gate actuator) how I have no idea but that fucker knew. BUT he didn't know all AEM's products are CARB aproved, so I had to pull our a brochure (i happen to have it in my trunk) and show it to him.
On another note, I used to go to ontario all the time, like 3 nights a week when I was im my old car club, and the San Diego Wild Animal Park.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Wow... that's outta control.. like a swine filled nixon power orgy there in the streets of happy, sunny, California. I'm confused though, what is it that they are checking for? Illegal modifications? I guess things that aren't cleared by the CARB? That sounds to be damn near illegal in my opinion. Here they auction off your car if you get caught doing anything bad enough for them to take your car. Makes them plenty of cash in the process. Man, the first time I ran into one of those checkpoints, I'd end up in jail for telling them it's none of their damn business what's under my hood. I pass my emissions tests, I'm not currently doing anything wrong, and if you wanna search this car you better have a reason to detain me and search it.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
541 Posts
Most states (Colorado and California I know for sure) all they need is probable cause to check your car. Things like the headlights being to low (compared to stock), ANYTHING that is considered to deal with emissions (including the intake, filters, etc) is against the Federal laws. So, if they suspect it they can look. But they have to state probable cause BEFORE they can look. If you refuse, they can either get a warrant or impound it........

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
rip_vw32 said:
Most states (Colorado and California I know for sure) all they need is probable cause to check your car. Things like the headlights being to low (compared to stock), ANYTHING that is considered to deal with emissions (including the intake, filters, etc) is against the Federal laws. So, if they suspect it they can look. But they have to state probable cause BEFORE they can look. If you refuse, they can either get a warrant or impound it........
Emissions are state regulated. Hell, Wisconsin donsen't even have emissions laws, not sure if Florida does either. Besides, how the hell can they get probable cause from looking at the outside of the car? Probable cause in relation to vehicle is usually talked about in terms of drugs, guns, wanted people, that kinda crap. Are you telling me that just by looking at the type of car I drive, that you can infer probable cause for breaking the law? I think there's another name for that, profiling. Oh look, this guy has a wing and an aftermarket exhaust tip, better search the car for an illegal Air/Fuel Controller, what the hell else can they see as you are driving by? How do the headlights being too low give probable cause for anything? There's no law for the height of your lights, otherwise ever Ferrari driver would be pulled over 3 times a week. Probable cause means that they need some sort of proof, with drugs it the 'smell of pot', or the 'nervous driver'. I mean, it's one thing if you have no plates because you couldn't pass emissions, and then they start poking around your car. Maybe you just got caught racing or showing off on the street and the check your car. What's the difference between a 'Moded Car Checkpoint', and just stopping every person that is walking down the street in a bad area of town to see if they have a warrant, drugs, or guns? Hell, DUI checkpoints still get overturned in some cases because the cops get a little too excited. I'm sure I'll get 100 responses telling me how probable cause is a judgement, DUI checkpoints are legal, blah, blah, blah, but none of those are even CLOSE to stopping a car and checking for CARB certification, that's what emissions testing centers are for. DUI checkpoints, and searches for guns and drugs at police stops are one thing, that's a concrete safety issue. Checking modded cars isn't, there is no way to know what's in the head of the driver. A 16 yr old in an SUV is the most dangerous person on the road, and there sure as hell isn't anyone stopping them to see if they're idiots or capable drivers. Isn't that probable cause? The problem with probable cause is people spend too much time arguing what the term means when it is spelled out in front of them.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
541 Posts
Spooner, you are half right......All emission equipment that comes on a vehicle is Federally mandated......Emissons are enforced on a state by state basis, however the removal of stock smog equipment is a federal offense (look it up). This has to do with the manufacturer meeting certain CAFE(?) regulations, in other words: They have to have X% of thier product lines within an X% of emissions by such and such a year.

On the other comment.....If a vehicle sounds, smells (as in rich), or looks like it is not with in legal limits, or has been modified (lowered, non stock exhaust, hell even too dark of a tint on windows) they can (and will) have a road side tech inspection.....That all they need for probable cause......

1 - 20 of 45 Posts