Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This dude at my work has been wanting to race me since I bought my car. He has a green and gold aniversery mustang GT (I thnk its the 50th but Im not sure, Ive never paid much atention to ford). Be both got off work early and decided to have some fun on Jeferson ave. Our first time was a rolling start at 40mph and he took me. Then we got to a red light. I got a good launch and took him by a car length or 2. Next light I took him again but only by about 1/2 of a car. Third light, I took him by about 4-5 cars but he was still spinning when I was ready to shift into second. Forth light, I was ahead by about 1/2 a car when he just droped out. I figured it was a cop so I slowed down but I wasnt fast enough. I got my first MI ticket. :eek: after that I got on I94 and at around 696 I saw this blueish/purplish Focus SVT coming on me pritty quick. I was in the left lane and didnt feel like getting anouther ticket so I got out of his way. Instead of passing me he got even, gave me "the look", and then a :Thumbsdown: After that he dropped it into forth. I dropped into forth to a stayed with him, then I floored it. Poor kid never had a chance. Once I got about 3 car lengths up, he got in the right lane and never tried to catch up. All and all, Id say it was a good day. :clap:

·
Registered
710 Posts
hard-core

That's ... hardcore

·
Registered
595 Posts
gm3saturn said:
This dude at my work has been wanting to race me since I bought my car. He has a green and gold aniversery mustang GT (I thnk its the 50th but Im not sure, Ive never paid much atention to ford). Be both got off work early and decided to have some fun on Jeferson ave. Our first time was a rolling start at 40mph and he took me. Then we got to a red light. I got a good launch and took him by a car length or 2. Next light I took him again but only by about 1/2 of a car. Third light, I took him by about 4-5 cars but he was still spinning when I was ready to shift into second. Forth light, I was ahead by about 1/2 a car when he just droped out. I figured it was a cop so I slowed down but I wasnt fast enough. I got my first MI ticket. :eek: after that I got on I94 and at around 696 I saw this blueish/purplish Focus SVT coming on me pritty quick. I was in the left lane and didnt feel like getting anouther ticket so I got out of his way. Instead of passing me he got even, gave me "the look", and then a :Thumbsdown: After that he dropped it into forth. I dropped into forth to a stayed with him, then I floored it. Poor kid never had a chance. Once I got about 3 car lengths up, he got in the right lane and never tried to catch up. All and all, Id say it was a good day. :clap:

Maybe a 40th anniversary stang. Def not a 50th!! lol

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
ehhhhhhhh.....you mustang guys are all the same. You all think that the mustang is the fastest car in the world.

lol....j/k. I love the 2000 mustang body styles so much. But good story anyway. Those SVT's don't hold a candle to the old RL.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
JPK said:
You got a ticket and then went and raced again?

You sir, are a trooper.
I didnt want to race again but when the guy looked at my car and gave it a thumbs down, I had to put him in his place. People can talk shit about there car all day long but once they insult mine, its on. :mad:

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
gm3saturn said:
I didnt want to race again but when the guy looked at my car and gave it a thumbs down, I had to put him in his place. People can talk shit about there car all day long but once they insult mine, its on. :mad:

Well, I must admit that after the driver gave you a thumbs down, putting the Ford Fuckus in its place was a necessity. :D

·
Registered
43 Posts
Now I drive a focus and when I pull up to another car I make sure I look at the badging or other signs that it's a RL. I would never give a thumbs down. I love all the performance cars out their. I would like to play with one on the road even though I know I'd get spanked. I would like to apologize for the focus drivers attitude towrds you.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
tstmonkey said:
Now I drive a focus and when I pull up to another car I make sure I look at the badging or other signs that it's a RL. I would never give a thumbs down. I love all the performance cars out their. I would like to play with one on the road even though I know I'd get spanked. I would like to apologize for the focus drivers attitude towrds you.

Mine is debadged. You'd have to know the rims on the RL to know that mine is one. ;)

I did it so people who got beat by me would have to wonder even more what the hell just happened. :D

·
Registered
575 Posts
JPK said:
Mine is debadged. You'd have to know the rims on the RL to know that mine is one. ;)

I did it so people who got beat by me would have to wonder even more what the hell just happened. :D
Well you still have the front and rear bumper, don't you :)

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
MrCleanY0 said:
ehhhhhhhh.....you mustang guys are all the same. You all think that the mustang is the fastest car in the world.

lol....j/k. I love the 2000 mustang body styles so much. But good story anyway. Those SVT's don't hold a candle to the old RL.

Hey Mustangs are my first love and i know mine is slow right now...i also love the redline as well tho..just sucks i gotta wait a few years before i can get one.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Sorry in advance to all those Ford fans out there........I am damn glad I have somthing that'll spank GTs. I am a DIE hard Chevy boy, so when GM came up with the RL, it was done......Now not only will my 83 Chevy K-5 beat the hell out of Mustangs, so will my wee little Saturn

·
Registered
305 Posts
Sp00ner said:
It still dosen't matter around here. I have a bright red one, with the big spoiler, the badges, and the ground effects. People still assume it's a dressed up Saturn coupe with nothing under the hood. I could put a banner around the car that says 'THIS CAR HAS A SUPERCHARGER! COME GET SOME!', and I would still get someone in a rusted out civic from 1985 revving at me in traffic.
hahahahahahahahahaha

Thanks for making me laugh at work...that is definately the truth :D

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
tstmonkey said:
I took all the badges off mine exept the saturn one on the hood. Except for the ground effects, you cant tell I have a redline. No need to apoligize, the captain for the team Im on has a Focus SVT, Running all your bolt ons + a 50 shot. He's a quike HB

·
Registered
595 Posts
rip_vw32 said:
Sorry in advance to all those Ford fans out there........I am damn glad I have somthing that'll spank GTs. I am a DIE hard Chevy boy, so when GM came up with the RL, it was done......Now not only will my 83 Chevy K-5 beat the hell out of Mustangs, so will my wee little Saturn

What year GT's are u speaking of?? Anything 99 and newer u are not gonna spank with a stock RL. Might have some close races with autos or bad stick drivers but certantly not spank. JMOP

·
Registered
10,134 Posts
Good kill dude. Last week i took out some young cat in a 90's riced out Integra with his intercooler hanging off to the right & a cavi that beat steviepc7 the week before at CSR.nets saturday night fights. But unfortunately I got beat by a GTI. BTW I won't mention that WRX. :(

·
Registered
162 Posts
JPK said:
You got a ticket and then went and raced again?

You sir, are a trooper.
I too have done this... too many times, as I will not have an insurance company as of April 1st :( they dropped me... I think it was mostly because of the the accident I had with my 2004 SRT-4... Rolled it 5 times... then decided to get something a little more scaled down... my redline.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
mbhmustang98 said:
Maybe a 40th anniversary stang. Def not a 50th!! lol

I think the only differences between the 40th anniversary and the 50th anniversary is the amount of times they've broken down :p hehe Sorry GM guy here ;)

1 - 20 of 58 Posts