Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drove my 04 RL for 7 years before replacing my i/c pump.
I can't really tell the difference, ecotec is a bad bitch.
almost 200,000 and no smoke no leak.....I do love her.

·
Super Moderator
1,292 Posts
You modded at all?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Zzp tune, long tube,catback, zzp cai, original pulley and now working i/c pump:)

·
Super Moderator
1,292 Posts
Good! Intercooler pump is a must for a pulley. Rest is fine. Just keep an eye on it now

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can't imagine what my iat2 temps were in the past, they get high when its working.............in the summer.

·
Super Moderator
1,292 Posts
Move the heat exchanger to the front. Been proven that alone will drop iat2 10-15 degrees

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Very good idea, never thought of that.

I am going to do the oil and coupler soon, dying to see how much oil is in the supercharger.

·
Super Moderator
1,292 Posts
Do that outside. The supercharger oil smells like dead animal thats been baking in the sun for a week when you open it up

·
Registered
5 Posts
My IC pump died. I found out because the engine would cut out on me and it was throwing MAF codes. I think the ECM is programmed to expected the temp drop. Anyways, I wasn't going to spend $150 on a new pump so I went to the salvage yard and pulled one off of a Lincoln LS. lol

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i got mine for @ $80 off amazon, its nice when things work.......... I'm still amazed i had very minimal problems when the i/c wasn't working, she should be happy for a while now.
Now it's the rust underneath i gots to deal with.

·
Registered
57 Posts
My IC pump died. I found out because the engine would cut out on me and it was throwing MAF codes. I think the ECM is programmed to expected the temp drop. Anyways, I wasn't going to spend $150 on a new pump so I went to the salvage yard and pulled one off of a Lincoln LS. lol
I'm surprised a used one is working for you. Those things dont last long. I have had to change mine twice in the last 4 years.

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
I have six years on my pump - could be longer becasue I did not own it before that

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
I hear a lot a problems with the pumps from any place

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Move the heat exchanger to the front. Been proven that alone will drop iat2 10-15 degrees
....and I looked at the cluster of heat radiators in the front of the car, it looks like a great big pain in the ass.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts