Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the best part you dont even have to take any wires off except the ground wire and the unhook the relay from the side of the frame. steps

1) take the tubing off the T.B. and the top of the intake box.
2) take and unscrew the three screws of the air filter housing and remove the cover and the filter (disconnect the filter from the top by taking the top and twist at angel to get the bottom of the filter to hit side of bottom of box and fall off.
3) get under car and remove the plastic pannel that is holding up the the intake tube that enters the wheel well. ( you dont have to take the entire wheelwell plastic shit off just the smaller peice and a couple of the plastic pins that are on the outer side of the wheelwell.
4) unbolt the three bolts (13mm) that are holding the bottom half of the intake box to the engine (2 bolts) and one on the frame.
5) unscrew the clamp that connects the intake tubing that enters the wheelwell to the box.
6) take a hacksaw blade and cut the largest brakcet that connects to the engine (i think thats the correct one ill have to double check) (thats the only thing you have to cut)
7) take the large collant hose plastic protecter off and take the hose and squeze it so you can get the hose under the box.
8) take and twist and turn and tilt till and keep pulling till the box comes out.

it only took about 1 hr or so to do this but i also didnt have everything right next to me and i had no clue what i was doing just doing everything as it was happening. i was very happy when i found out all i had to to was just cut that one bracket off and take the ground wire off and that was all that i had to really do. it took alot of careful turning and everything but if you do it corectly itll work out great.

after i got that all out i just took the top of the air housing and took the underside where the filter would go and put some foam that had sticky shit on one side and stuck it on there all the way around 1 1/2 times in two seperate layers and it stays on there nice and tight. hooked the tubing and the top half of the filter housing back up like regular with a $20.00 filter on there and it sounds great. and since i already had that filter off of my 96 eclipse i was able to do this mod w/o spending a cent.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
i read them, and well you still cut it, so its void any ways, why not have fun and destroy it.

·
Registered
8,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
what if you still need it for smog or somthing like that but also what are they gonna do go under there and see that it was cut just take some plastic glue and glue it back on they wouldnt beable to tell as long as you do it corectly and sand the rough spots down and then take and glue it properly. but hell yah it would be a blast to mudilate (sp sorry) that to death.

·
Registered
541 Posts
pclear9061 said:
the best part you dont even have to take any wires off except the ground wire and the unhook the relay from the side of the frame. steps

1) take the tubing off the T.B. and the top of the intake box.
2) take and unscrew the three screws of the air filter housing and remove the cover and the filter (disconnect the filter from the top by taking the top and twist at angel to get the bottom of the filter to hit side of bottom of box and fall off.
3) get under car and remove the plastic pannel that is holding up the the intake tube that enters the wheel well. ( you dont have to take the entire wheelwell plastic shit off just the smaller peice and a couple of the plastic pins that are on the outer side of the wheelwell.
4) unbolt the three bolts (13mm) that are holding the bottom half of the intake box to the engine (2 bolts) and one on the frame.
5) unscrew the clamp that connects the intake tubing that enters the wheelwell to the box.
6) take a hacksaw blade and cut the largest brakcet that connects to the engine (i think thats the correct one ill have to double check) (thats the only thing you have to cut)
7) take the large collant hose plastic protecter off and take the hose and squeze it so you can get the hose under the box.
8) take and twist and turn and tilt till and keep pulling till the box comes out.

it only took about 1 hr or so to do this but i also didnt have everything right next to me and i had no clue what i was doing just doing everything as it was happening. i was very happy when i found out all i had to to was just cut that one bracket off and take the ground wire off and that was all that i had to really do. it took alot of careful turning and everything but if you do it corectly itll work out great.

after i got that all out i just took the top of the air housing and took the underside where the filter would go and put some foam that had sticky shit on one side and stuck it on there all the way around 1 1/2 times in two seperate layers and it stays on there nice and tight. hooked the tubing and the top half of the filter housing back up like regular with a $20.00 filter on there and it sounds great. and since i already had that filter off of my 96 eclipse i was able to do this mod w/o spending a cent.

I got mine out w/o cutting it. I just had to remove the radiator hose, loosen the ABS, ECU and disco the battery cables. I was able to wiggle it out of there in about 45 minutes!!

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
rip_vw32 said:
I got mine out w/o cutting it. I just had to remove the radiator hose, loosen the ABS, ECU and disco the battery cables. I was able to wiggle it out of there in about 45 minutes!!
ditto! it's not too hard if you take your time, putting it back on is a lot more fun though (damn a/c lines running under the throttle body, didn't want to bust it and freeze my damn hands off...)

·
Registered
8,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lol vita my father and i just took our sweet time takeing it around those. we tried to stay to the driverside wheelwell as much as possiable but when it come to the computer and everything right there ya just gotta do some twisting.

man i was just really hearing the sound of the s/c last night and holy crap its like a damn airplane starting up and when i would just look at the car next to me and down it into 3rd and push a littl their eyes would just get bigger. lol. i cant wait till i go to the tracks next and see what everyone thinks. just chillin at the line then .......... BAM take off like a bat outta hell and just let that s/c wine like a mother ........ hopefully get some respect.......... ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts