Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Red Evo jumped behind me on a 2 lane road as we came to a red light. When the light turned green I rolled to about 5mph then spooled up frist nicely and barked them into second and started to stretch out second up to 4500 or 5000 when i looked in the rear view to see the little red evo jamming his intercooler up my tail pipe. It was intimidating and motovating at the same time. I hit 3rd and soon we both let off at the same time as we where comming up to traffic where the lanes split to double. He pull around and passed by casually and i gave him a friendly wave and he blinked his tail lights. Was fun and got the heart beating :) Makes me want unleash some aftermarket stuff on my car so next time......things will be different. I like to tell myself I impressed the evo driver while i was WOT, he probably didnt expect it from a saturn.

·
Registered
535 Posts
cvenom2122 said:
I had same thing happen to me but it was STI :eek:
Its nice to get a little respect from the faster cars. I was racing my budies Focus SVT (w/ bolt most bolt ons and a 50 shot) when a STI pulled up next to us. When the light turned green the STI jump about 1 1/2 cars on me and I did about a car on the SVT. By third gear I was about 2 cars on the SVT and he had droped out but the best part was that I was within a car or two of the STI. Then the guy started granny shifting and not hitting redline and I started to pull a little. When he saw that he started leaning on it pritty hard and smoked me but only by a little over 2 cars. When we got to the next light the guy told me how suprised he was I stayed with him and gave our car some good complaments. I cant wait to find that guy after we get some mods. Anyway, its nice to get the same respect for our cars that most of us give out to other cars.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
There's a guy who works down the road from me with a blue Evo and he's always leaving his work when I'm coming to mine, so yesterday on the way to work he actually busted a U-turn and followed me to work, and was actually really interested - he'd heard about Redlines but never had seen one, he said he thought it was quite nice. Wants to race me . . . :eek: we'll see about that one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts