Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i was speaking to some people i know and learned that lisa kubo will be racing for the first all girl drag team. driven2win.com a florida based driving school and parts manufacturer which lisa and nelson hoyos are driving for now is the sponsor of this team. they will all be racing the colbalt ss yes i know its not the redline but close enough to get us stuff for our car. heres the good news... said by driven2win " in conjunction with our driving school and drag racing program , driven2win's business plans include a chevrolet tuner colbalt performance parts dealer program" this was said by nelson hoyos. they will be announcing dealer upgrade packages to 4500 dealers nationwide for staged upgrades similar to what dodge did with the srt-4. these will be available to chevy dealers for the colbalt but we should be able to adapt any of these upgrades to the redline. this was stated by a good source and also one of the compact car magazines as well. i will be in touch with lisa or nelson this week to see what kind of upgrades we are talking about but from what i understand and am being told they will include 3-4 stages of upgrades including supercharger pulley upgrade/ecu upgrades and suspension as well. if this has been posted before then i apologize for the time to read this but this is awsome for redline and colbalt owners alike!!!!! these parts will be just like dodges in that will cover a full factory warranty. wehn i asked what if we put them on the redline my source said they are oem parts and should still be covered. they are upgrades to the motor and suspension which is the same in the two cars so that area should be fine he said.

lisa's new ride will be a 6 second 200mph plus cobalt rwd jerry bickel built pro drag car she is no longer going to be driving the saturn or racing for sms. i saw a cobalt in person today for the first time was inside of it and i must say that i really like it. i almost like it better than my redline, i hate to say this. but i love my redline anyway. i just really liked the stance of the cobalt and the interior honestly was slightly nicer than ours. i dont have any other info at this time. when i talk to either lisa or nelson this week i may have more for you guys i will keep everyone posted

·
Registered
863 Posts
zfactor- you are quickly becoming the greatest man I know, This means I can upgrade before my warranty runs out and the guys I know with SRT4s wont make fun of my carmaker of choice not backing their performance cars.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i dont know how quickly this will go into effect but they say it should be soon, cant promise before your warranty is up though.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Zfactor we need to get in touch it seems we both own busineses in similarity and I would like to touch bases on some things I have been working on. PM me?

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
my source just called and said this was confirmed by sport compact car magazine as well, he believes the april 2005 issue he said if he is correct. they spoke to lisa and nelson about this while he was there at the driven2win school.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i will do what i can!!! ill see what i can find out this weekim trying to find the april issue to see if there is anything he missed in telling me

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
sport compact car magazine he said they talked about it in there after speaking to nelson hoyos. he knows lisa and was at the school talking about the new drag team when they were discussing it with nelson. he then said he read about it in the magazine

·
Registered
4,965 Posts
Ok, that should only be 2 months ago. I'm sure I have that issue somewhere, as I seem to buy every car mag I can find every month. And yes I know, subscriptions are much cheaper, just haven't gotten around to that. Let me/us know what you find, and where (please).

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yes this is confirmed by sport compact car magazine in april's issue on page 95 there is a full article about this. my source seems to be 100% correct. its in writing in the mag. ill give driven2win a call like i said i would this week see what more info i can get from either lisa or nelson.

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
please scan the pages that speak of the GM upgrades. I dont have april's issue but I would love to read it. THANKS!

·
Registered
4,965 Posts
If stuff starts comin from the dealer, maybe PSI-FI could get recognized by Saturn as an official dealer or w/e and maybe actually offer the twin charge as one of the upgrades. That would be way too cool if that could happen.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i am so sorry it was not sport compact car the copy of my mag had the cover torn off it was april of turbo magazine. again sorry for the mishap i get the mags the month after from a friend when they expire the covers get torn off then they get sent back i am trying to either put the page here or looking for a link to it.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i can not find a link to it. i do not have scanner here. please anyone with april turbo mag can you scan and post here??? thanks

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
zfactor said:
they will be announcing dealer upgrade packages to 4500 dealers nationwide for staged upgrades
On a similar theme,I was recently informed (and have since confirmed) that the latest SCCA Rules (os outlined in April's FasTrack SCCA Technical Bulletin) includes the approval of a number of performance road-racing components listed for the Redline.(Most are legal components for T3 and all are legal for T2)

These include a different SC pully (I presume smaller) and an after-cooler.All of these are using either the GM EX (EXperimental) or XCC part numbers, (eXperimental Competition Component) so it remains to be seen what current availability is like. But IME they certainly could be assigned SPO part numbers (making them available at your local dealer) depending on popularity and obviously competition success. They include:
Legal for SCCA T2 or T3
XCC578 Suspension Package
XCC579 Front Spring (450 lb/in)
XCC580 rear spring (750 lb/in)
XCC581 Front Roll Bar
XCC582 Front Jounce Bumper
XCC583 Front Lower Control Arm Bushing
XCC584 Steering Gear Mouning Bushings
XCC585 Rear Axle Mounting Bushings
XCC586 Rear Jounce Bumper
XCC587 Front Brake Duct

Legal for SCCA T2
XP1588 After-Cooler
XP1589 Supercharger Pully
If anyone here is competing with their Redline in SCCA T2/T3 events and/or has knowledge of these parts and/or availability criteria please pm or email me.

*PS> I've been following and cheering on Lisa Kubo for the last couple years now, but since she's now gone to the "Dark Side" (RWD+Chevy) I find I must ex-communicate her from my Saturn-pure thoughts. (although that's very hard- cuz she rocks!)

**PSS> Happy 50th Gumby!! :D

Regards
WopOnTour

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
WopOnTour said:
On a similar theme,I was recently informed (and have since confirmed) that the latest SCCA Rules (os outlined in April's FasTrack SCCA Technical Bulletin) includes the approval of a number of performance road-racing components listed for the Redline.(Most are legal components for T3 and all are legal for T2)

These include a different SC pully (I presume smaller) and an after-cooler.All of these are using either the GM EX (EXperimental) or XCC part numbers, (eXperimental Competition Component) so it remains to be seen what current availability is like. But IME they certainly could be assigned SPO part numbers (making them available at your local dealer) depending on popularity and obviously competition success. They include:
If anyone here is competing with their Redline in SCCA T2/T3 events and/or has knowledge of these parts and/or availability criteria please pm or email me.

*PS> I've been following and cheering on Lisa Kubo for the last couple years now, but since she's now gone to the "Dark Side" (RWD+Chevy) I find I must ex-communicate her from my Saturn-pure thoughts. (although that's very hard- cuz she rocks!)

**PSS> Happy 50th Gumby!! :D

Regards
WopOnTour
I found this same list several months ago, and could not get anyone to confirm nor deny that it existed....

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.