Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my car in Monday to get it worked on, and it looks like I am not going to get it back till at least next week if I am lucky! I took it in for the surging problem and the idle. I called later that day and they said that they were going to completley recalibrate the computer, and they had to order me a new MAF sensor, so they were going to have to keep the car over night. Called the next day and they said they replaced the MAF and calibrated computer but car still ran like shit. Tech said there was a real bad noise coming from the supercharger, so they ordered a new one! Called today, they got the new supercharger on and the car doesnt run better, but the noise is gone. THEY HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TO DO!! Im glad my car is the one that has the one in a million phuck up that no one knows how to fix. So Im pimping a L300. Look for me tearing up the streets!!

·
Registered
73 Posts
thats been a problem for the redlines. the cat clogging up because it being to rich. my friends at the saturn dealership replaced 2 cats on the sa,e car because of how rich it ran. i would get my car way from that tech if he doesn't know what hes doin.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
When I fist got mine they replaced the cat back because the cat blew it's guts out the exhaust all on fire and shit. I didn't get to see it because the pain shop was fixing flaws when it happened. I was told that I was the second one to have that happen at Saturn of Southgate.

·
Registered
524 Posts
So you finally brought the car to Saturn of Tempe instead of Avondale? You did this without removing your intake too, lol. Good deal, this dealer is a lot better. I have some buddies there that told me your car is getting worked on...

Tom

·
Registered
8,327 Posts
so should we all get a new cat. i mean what types of noise were comeing out of your s/c? was it like a waterfall sound?

·
Premium Member
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Tom01SC2 said:
So you finally brought the car to Saturn of Tempe instead of Avondale? You did this without removing your intake too, lol. Good deal, this dealer is a lot better. I have some buddies there that told me your car is getting worked on...

Tom
Haha! Thats pretty cool that word gets around!! They were so awesome with everything they did. I thought I would be doing the right thing of taking the car back to where I bought it from, but I have decided that will never happen again. With everything they did, the are about 95% that the problem is the intake. They are saying that since I took the box out, there is extremely hot air circulating around the filter. Then I asked why is it only when the A/C is on, and they said there is a fan there that cools the A/C motor I think it was, and its forcing all the hot air onto the filter, so what I am going to do is return the car to stock, drive it for awhile and make sure it runs good, then put the KandN on, since it exits the engine bay. So next week I will have the AEM short ram for sale. It has about 300 miles on it, and I would strongly suggest not buying if you live in Arizona or somewhere really hot. But I am really hoping the car runs better. Its not going to be 100% until I have the stocker back in there, but thats not coming in till the 28th. Ill find out today if its ANY better!!

·
Registered
221 Posts
Tom and Adam,

The funniest thing about Adams problem is that today S o Tempe called me to ask me if I had any ideas and to talk to me about my intake on mine etc..
When the dealer calls me to talk about your problem....that makes me laugh out loud :)

So Adam you owe me a beer, thats what I charge for consultation fee ;)

-Keith-

·
Premium Member
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
AZKMK said:
Tom and Adam,

The funniest thing about Adams problem is that today S o Tempe called me to ask me if I had any ideas and to talk to me about my intake on mine etc..
When the dealer calls me to talk about your problem....that makes me laugh out loud :)

So Adam you owe me a beer, thats what I charge for consultation fee ;)

-Keith-
Hey, if we can get the car running good, you have an 18 pack coming your way!

·
Premium Member
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Dad went and checked the supercharger. He said the impellers had been damaged somehow. Like something was grinding in there. It was on all the blades. The car does run better even with the AEM but we're still going to put in the stock box for now to make sure everything is correct and the car doesn't need any further work done by Saturn. The Tempe guys are awesome. Couldn't ask for better service.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts