Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, folks, this story is way too funny to let not be heard by the Redline community, even if it has nothing to do with Redlines.

So we hang out at a little 24-hour joint in Brighton where we live called Lil' Chef, just about every night of the week. So tonight we got tired & called it a night at about 12:30. Then about 10 minutes later, me & my buddy Dennis, who were in the R/L, hear a polyphonic ring tone going off, knowing full well it's neither of our phones. Turns out our buddy Dan left his phone in the back of my car, and needed it back. So we turn around.

When we pull into Lil' Chef, we see Dan's Civic (it's a piece - plain jane model, he cartwheeled it, it's got a really ricer wing, no exhaust, and 17's on it, so it's kind of like making-fun-of-rice rice) and behind it is a Brighton city cop. Turns out Dan was doing 50 in a 35 on his way back up, saw the cop pull the U, and headed inside, so the cop was running his tabs. We parked, and as we did so the cop rolled out of the Lil' Chef lot, and we went inside. As we were leaving I happened to look across the street, where sure as shit, the Brighton cop was sitting at the bank across the street, just waiting for Dan.

So Dan was like, "I can't leave, I'll get my perfect driving record tarnished!" so I offered to drive him home. Then some kid he didn't even know jumped up and was like "HEY! I know!" then dashed into the parking lot, hopped in his truck and peeled out of the parking lot, his truck sideways on Grand River, and started flying. Sure as shit, the cop couldn't resist pulling this jackass over, so he lit him up, and as soon as I watched his lights go off, I told Dan to run, who jumped in his car and went the opposite way towards home.

So the moral of the story is, with crazy enough people, and a little bit of information, you can elude the cops. The kid with the truck only got a warning. Dan avoided any problems at all. Dennis & I got a laugh out of it.

Good times.

·
Registered
762 Posts
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA THATS AWESOME I wanna know why this kid in the right mind decides to just peel out just to help some stranger out.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Why cant I find some dork to take the heat off when I need it. However thats pretty funny.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Wow! That dude kicked ass! hahahahah Did you ever meet up with that kid again??? Cause that dude deserves a medal! hahahah

Scott

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
That is an awsome story. I would be laughing my ass off.

One time, back in my old SL, I was pulled over, he had not yet gotten out of his car and two cars came around the corner racing, both slammed on their brakes, RIGHT (i mean a few feet) from the cop car, he just peeled out and pulled them over. I sat there for like a minute to see if he was coming back for me, but he didn't, so I just pulled a U and went on my merry little way.

Not quite the same level of planning, but as long as you aren't the biggest dumbass in his sight, then you are home free...

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah, I hear the Chef in M.P. is a lot better, but I've just gotten accustomed to it. So I did talk to the kid who did the dumbass maneuver - he got a warning for something inconsequential like expired tabs, but got a TICKET for defective equipment, because he said his burnout was caused by "a bald rear tire". It was good times.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts