Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I hit a curb. Apparently I bent the thing that holds the springs and wheel hub behind my rear passenger side wheel and I don't know how to fix it. Now my wheel is slightly diagonal. What for I do? Where can I get that bar that goes across to both wheels? Sorry I don't know the name of the bar :/

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I seriously doubt the junkyard will have any redlines so can I use the rear twisting beam from a regular ion or maybe a cobalt ss/SC???? Most likely I know the junkyard will have a regular ion?

·
Moderator/Internet Fight Champion
2,332 Posts
the other guy is right you'll have to replace the entire rear torsion beam. I know a regular ion wont work but im not sure on a cobalt ss/sc. Your only other option is to buy a new one from the dealer. Try a search on Car-Part.com--Used Auto Parts Market and you may get lucky. Thatll search junkyards around the country. May have to pay to have it shipped. If you have collision insurance this one may be worth making a claim on.

Ben

·
Registered
4,362 Posts
Ouch!
I think the new ones are almost 5 hundo now too.
frame shop could straighten it out in the ballpark for under 200, but it will never track like it used to again.

·
Registered
4,362 Posts

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
I seriously doubt the junkyard will have any redlines so can I use the rear twisting beam from a regular ion or maybe a cobalt ss/SC???? Most likely I know the junkyard will have a regular ion?
any cobalt disc brake rear beam 2005-2010 will work sc are good, turbo better, fe 1/3 are smaller diameter weld in bar and Fe1 are generally drum brakes wont work for you.

Ion regular coupes sedans had a different beam not sure the break point for years, wil fit but drum brakes and different stiffness.

I run LNF rear beam on my 2004 redline

·
Moderator/Internet Fight Champion
2,332 Posts
Thanks John, figured you'd know the ones that would cross.

Ben

1 - 8 of 8 Posts