Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So yeah, I said when I bought the Redline, "Hey, I'm not going to want to modify this car! It's sweet the way it is!" And then today I realized how dead wrong I was. And it's not even the fact that I just want to tinker, it's just that I see the impressive potential this car has. For example, I'm about 2 weeks away from the torque brace; I'll be buying the CAI and either the dial-ur-boost or Psi-Fi's kit by the end of the summer. What's the worst part is that my car's a lease! :eek: Oh well. It'll be fun.

·
Registered
150 Posts
urbanmonkeygod04 said:
What's the worst part is that my car's a lease!
Just be sure to keep all your stock parts stored somewhere like the basement or attic, that way you can enjoy the fun in modding, and when your lease is up, you can put the majority, if not all, of it back to stock, and get most of your money's worth by selling the mods.

·
Registered
252 Posts
well, i wouldnt do the K&N CAI - since it requires some cutting - that will cost you in the end.

You can always buy the car at the end of the lease - especially if you have done alot to it, and don't want another car.

Xau

·
Registered
943 Posts
Actually the K&N CAI does not require any cutting, and is probably the least likely to void and kind of warrenty..... Modding is a disease, an uncureable disease and I got it.. And so do you! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA. Yea ok..:)

Scott

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Yeah, I've heard for a couple of people that you can do it without cutting, if you take your time and look at it.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
urbanmonkeygod04 said:
So yeah, I said when I bought the Redline, "Hey, I'm not going to want to modify this car! It's sweet the way it is!" And then today I realized how dead wrong I was. And it's not even the fact that I just want to tinker, it's just that I see the impressive potential this car has. For example, I'm about 2 weeks away from the torque brace; I'll be buying the CAI and either the dial-ur-boost or Psi-Fi's kit by the end of the summer. What's the worst part is that my car's a lease! :eek: Oh well. It'll be fun.
don't worry, we're here for you, as long as you don't go and try to throw every part under the sun on your car because you can...

(unless they're ALL go fast goodies, then it's ok ;) )

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Yeah Urban, that's what I first thought and said when I got the car too. Now that I see what's becoming available, I really want to get some of the stuff. I'm in the same boat as leasing mine too, but I have a feeling that in 3 years, I'll want to buy it out and keep it and tune the crap out of it, when there's tons of parts available. That's if everything is feeling good in the car at 36,000 miles.

Does anyone know that if at the end of the lease, and you want to buy it out, that you would still have to turn it back to stock? It wouldn't make sense to, unless they go through some weird process to inspect your vehicle before you go through the paperwork to purchase it. I don't know what they do, this is the first new vehicle I've gotten.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
jpapa - I'm not POSITIVE, but I'm about 99% sure if they inspect it as far as non-stock parts, but they DO inspect it to make sure there's no excessive wear & tear. Another thing, if you DO decide to buy it at the end of the lease but you've put more than your allotted number of miles on, they'll still charge you for the miles, because a lease is based on what the car will be worth at the end of the lease, and if it's got more miles on it, it's still worth less. I AM however, pretty sure that I'll be buying this at the end of the lease, especially if I don't live in Michigan (not sure how this thing'll behave in the snow!), it's the first car I've owned (out of 4) that I've been truly content with, mostly because I didn't have to make trade-offs, I got it exactly the way I wanted it.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Not to my knowledge, I had a buddy with an Integra that was leased, then he financed the balance at the end, since he had so many mods on there. Too bad for him he was broke and ended up getting the car repoed. His brother was a mechanic at the dealership, before this all happened, and told him all those custom parts that he bought went right to the techs. Assuming they didn't auction the car off. Which they do alot on repos. His brother got a whole exhaust setup for his Integra working there, due to the same exact reason.

So no, I can't see that you have to take anything off to keep the car...

I used to live just south of you UMG... in Ft Myers...

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was under the impression you had to leave the car stock, but if I intend to buy it, why bother? Screw it.

Sp00ner - I don't live in Florida QUITE yet, I've got about 2 weeks now; my Army buddy who's stationed in Germany is coming home 4 days after I was supposed to leave, so i'm going to stick around for the weekend he's home. But soon!

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
You do have to leave it stock, or return it to stock condition, if you're going to turn it in when you're done. With his, there was no inspection or anything. Someone said that they check the mileage, but that never happened with his. Of course, he didn't get much of a discount for the mileage on it. So I would suppose that's about 1/2 right. In his case, it seems like they already knew what the car would be worth if he had stuck to his original mileage. Now, he went way over that number, but still paid the same amount of money for it. Does that make sense? So he was still paying for his mileage, since he paid about 11,000 for a car with almost 100,000 miles on it... If another person had bought it, he would have paid a big fee, and the new person would have paid less.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts