Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hell yeah!!!

Wait...............if I put the "Sprint Performance Suspension" sticker on my car that came with it, that'll be an automatic +5 hp on top of that. :p

Seriously though, It took care of my wheel hop. I was just out driving it and I spun the tires through the entire first gear, all the way to redline, and the wheels never hopped once. If I had tried that before lowering it, I would have shaken the fillings out of my teeth. :D

Anyone else notice easier launches with their car lowered?

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I believe the Sprint springs are a 1.8" drop. Looks a helluva lot better without that HUGE gap in the wheel well. The springs are still settling though so I expect it to be a little bit lower in a few days.

Anyone know how long it takes the springs to completely settle and break in?

·
Registered
391 Posts
i was told 1500 miles. not sure on that, but the fronts i have 1inch of gap, and the read 1.25 maybe.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've also heard people say that the ride isn't any different than stock.

BS. I think it's a lot rougher ride now. Of course, my springs are brand new and probably still pretty stiff but I feel every little bump in the road now.

Small price to pay for the cosmetic gain and new lack of wheel hop.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh...but the handling on curves and corners now is pretty damn awesome.

It rained today too and drivablity in wet weather went way down. I was spinning and sliding driving like I normally would on wet roads. I had to be easier on the gas and steering.

·
Registered
762 Posts
I love this I got the springs on my car. It feels alot better I like it I don't think its worse heh

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Do you still have wheel hop? Like I said, I spun them ALL THE WAY through first gear without any. YEAH!!!

I will double check this again tomorrow on my way to work. When I leave for work it's 4:30 in the moring and the roads are pretty empty. I do A LOT of hot dog driving then. :D

·
Registered
331 Posts
Im thinking of dropping mine about an inch. I just want to get less wheel hop and keep ride quality. How much worse is wet roads with a drop?

Oh yea, i get a 6 hp increase by cranking up some tunes :)

·
Registered
331 Posts
sunglasses and a lean to the right gives you about 4

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Juggernaut said:
Im thinking of dropping mine about an inch. I just want to get less wheel hop and keep ride quality. How much worse is wet roads with a drop?

Oh yea, i get a 6 hp increase by cranking up some tunes :)
It wasn't real fun to drive on a wet road today. It almost got away from me once. After that I went REAL easy on the gas pedal.

But seriously, the benefites highly outweigh all the other stuff. ;)

Depending on the CD I'm listening to, I can get as much as 10 extra HP. :p

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Juggernaut said:
sunglasses and a lean to the right gives you about 4

What about the pimp, lean the seat waaaaay back mode? That's gotta be good for at least another 5.

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
I still got some hop when I dropped mine. thats why I made a torque mount! But the ride really didnt feel much differnt.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Oh yea.. 5 - 7 easy. If done right creates a wind draft that improves downforce... all the good racers do it.

·
Registered
331 Posts
torque mount?? explain that one plz.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I called Sprint Springs last week just have some questions answered.. the guy i talked to said that since the redline is already lower then the regular ion, it only drops the ion about an inch, maybe more.. did you guys notice that it was about an inch maybe more, and if so does it still look good?

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
JPK, you know what?

After I got my weapon-r intake 2 days ago, my wheel hop has been eliminated! I get little to no wheel hop. All my mod's is just a intake! I get alot more spin, but no hop. Leo from weapon-r tried to explain it to me, but i got alittle confused and I was at work and pretty busy..

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
JPK said:
What about the pimp, lean the seat waaaaay back mode? That's gotta be good for at least another 5.
You got to dodge dem bullets ya know? Don't forget the sideways hat and the gorilla grip on the shifter. You'll be seeing 12.0s flat 1/4 miles in no time, wihtout even being able to see the road! ;)

1 - 20 of 45 Posts