Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i took out the stock filter...placed a cone filter on the end of the tube in the fender. Drove around the block everything was fine. Fiance came over we went to her house in her car came back like 3 hours later. Went to go to the movie rental place to watch a movie with her and her lil sister and the car just dies on my like the battery came disconnected. But there is no Cel or any codes.

This morning i took my car into Saturn and they did the camshaft sensor update because i had long crank time in the cold but the whole 25min trip home the car was fine. Anyreason why it would do this???? could the MAF sensor not be getting enough airflow so it just shuts the car off like its idealing to low but it really isn't????

The whole stock piping is in the car just a filter in the fender now. Any suggestions would be great on why its dieing.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
The cam sensor controls the timing for you engine, so if it was bad, the car could just die. Mine did it twice, once on the interstate at 80, and once around town. When it happened on the interstate, I just dumped the cluch, it hesitated a bit, and then ran fine. The time around town, it shut off just like you said, and wouldn't start for shit. Finally, after about 5 min it fired up and ran perfect until I took it to the dealer. They did the cam sensor, updated the ECU programming, and has never acted up since.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Butmy sensor was never bad before and the car starts right up after it dies. It would be odd if the sensor went bad right after the ECU update got done to it.....i just reset the computer with no luck if i rev it up it comes close to dieing or if i drive it when i push the clutch in to shift it will die if i don't shift fast. Im going to put the stock filter in tommrow and see what it does.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just drove down the street and even when the throttle is applied the car tried to die on me so it problalby is the cam sensor :(

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Guess what i put the stock filter back on and the car runs fine now.....Maybe the MAF sensor was loose a little before who knows. I think ill just leave it stock for now until an actualt CAI comes out. The only thing i can think of is that the sensor was a little loose thats why it would cut out when driving anyways i think ill drive around for a few min to see if it is really gone.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
I had the same prob. and it turns out a connector to the injectors was bad (don't know exact part#). It was replaced and wa-la- fixed!

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just drove around for like 30min and it was completely fine. Who knows if it happens again ill get something checked. Did you get a check engine light?

·
Registered
76 Posts
No light, just no power for about 30 minutes or so. Tried cranking but the engine would never start. It did code, nothing specific though. I think the dealer fixed it through trial and error.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
mine always started right up anyways i just drove around a lot today and no stall or almost stalling happened oh well it fixed itself thank God.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts