1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guysim kinda stuck. in order to help me out theres a few catches:
pretend you love mustangs
pretend you own a 1965 mustang gt fastback

ok i really want to get another stang to go with my 65, its the only way i would trade in the rl. i can prolly got a good deal from a local ford dealer but heres my options:
04 stang gt 40th anniversary
02 stang gt with some bolt ons- flowmasters, k&n
06 stang 4.0 V6

i would really like one of the 05-06 body styles to match my 65'
they want 19 for the o4
15 for the 02
and 20 for the 06

honestly what do you guys think. please please please give opinions im really stuck!!!

·
=[ÜBER MODERATOR]=
9,519 Posts
Redn8r3 said:
hey guysim kinda stuck. in order to help me out theres a few catches:
pretend you love mustangs
pretend you own a 1965 mustang gt fastback

ok i really want to get another stang to go with my 65, its the only way i would trade in the rl. i can prolly got a good deal from a local ford dealer but heres my options:
04 stang gt 40th anniversary
02 stang gt with some bolt ons- flowmasters, k&n
06 stang 4.0 V6

i would really like one of the 05-06 body styles to match my 65'
they want 19 for the o4
15 for the 02
and 20 for the 06

honestly what do you guys think. please please please give opinions im really stuck!!!
I'm a fan of the 65 era mustang, and the new body style. everything in between can burn.

so my advice is if you really want a stang, dont settle for anything pre 05

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea i really liked the 06. but i would hate to have a 65 gt v8 and an 06 V6. plus i dont know if they will budge on the price much

·
=[ÜBER MODERATOR]=
9,519 Posts
Redn8r3 said:
yea i really liked the 06. but i would hate to have a 65 gt v8 and an 06 V6. plus i dont know if they will budge on the price much
oo, yea... thought you were looking at the GT.

My car owns 2006 gt's. I'de hate to see what would happen with the v6.

in that case, stay with the RL!!

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea i know its hard for some to imagine

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yea i think i would rather own the 04 with the v8 than the 06 with the 6

·
Moderator Kitteh!
11,564 Posts
Look for an 05 or 06 GT. For the love of god please dont get a v6 unless your a girl and its automatic.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well no matter what i will be buying a stick, no autos for me

·
Registered
295 Posts
AlphaJaguar5 said:
Look for an 05 or 06 GT. For the love of god please dont get a v6 unless your a girl and its automatic.
and plus they make more power these years then the others.. but if u get one of these do somthing with the black grill..

·
Registered
920 Posts
if i was you i would go and get a used 06 GT stang even though i hate ford its better than the V6

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
My high school car (1973) was a 64 and a half 2+2 fast back,rare car first of the fast backs,It was the nicest car in high school and the surrounding towns I worked 7 days a week pumping gas (23 cents a gallon) put every penny in that car glass black 6 coats of black laq, 8 coats of clear,the paint was so deep and shinny at certain angles looked like a mirror,tear drop hood scoop,flared fender wells thrush side pipes,chromed honey comb grill,super sized M/T rear,on deeeeep dish cragar SS rims traction bars, 5 inch up front,little old 289 4 barrel headers and the 271 hypo cam,hurst black velvet t handle shifter,the nicest car show wise with admirable power whish I had it now,looked better than any of the first shelbys out,everyone stop to look at that car when it was parked.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Get a '69 428 Cobra Jet Mach 1. :D

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
well there's a lot of cars i would buy if i had the money. but im on a tight budget here guys. i think i will try to find an 05-06 gt. i would make a move on the 04 if they can give me a good enough deal. otherwise im perfectly happy with the rl. i love the thing

1 - 17 of 17 Posts