Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was going down a nice 2 lane road and i see a charger trying to turn on, i immidiatly stop and pull into a parking lot and wait til it gets on the road but...it turns into the other lane :( w/e, it probably would have smoked me because the only ones out now are the hemi's. soo just to let y'all know...they are here.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
i tried to race a charger srt whateva ended up being to young guys driving and a lil lady in the back (sales women) i was pissed!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

·
Registered
305 Posts
I think the Chargers are ugly...I see them all the time since I work in Auburn Hills and Chrysler headquarters are there. But I hear the SRT8's are pretty fast...

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think they are alright lookin. I'd take an old one though over the new ones anyday. Those are real tight. And the one thing that bugs me about these cars... a standard slushbox on all models. :mad:

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
I don't like them very much.

Look at the logo on the side of the front fender. If it says "3.5 High Output" then smoke him. :D The V6's are on the road. In fact, I've seen two of them already. I haven't seen the HEMI ones on the road at all.

Sucks that they don't come in a five speed. It's bullshit actually.

I went to my wife's work today (M/B DCX employee) and they had both Chargers on display (Hemi and V6). I asked the guyn there if the SRT-8 will come in a manual transmission and he said no. Then he proceeded to tell me that you can shift gears on the autos and I stopped him mid sentence to say, "I know, my wife has that in her Mercedes and it sucks. Still shifts like an automatic when you do it manually".

·
Registered
18 Posts
Redline686 said:
Was going down a nice 2 lane road and i see a charger trying to turn on, i immidiatly stop and pull into a parking lot and wait til it gets on the road but...it turns into the other lane :( w/e, it probably would have smoked me because the only ones out now are the hemi's. soo just to let y'all know...they are here.
I had gone to the Greater Milwaukee Auto show a few months ago and they had a Daytona R/T there. Not a bad looking, but I started looking at it more closely. It looks a bit like a 4-door 2005 Mustang. I mentioned my observation to a guy from the Dodge display, and he actually agreed with me.

There was another guy giving a presentation about the car and kept refering to the engine as a "big block". Apparently he forgot what a big block was.

What ever happened to the 2-door car? They seem to be vanishing rapidly...

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
a car like the charger should be two door. they've got the 300...

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Vita said:
a car like the charger should be two door. they've got the 300...
Completely agree. Plus, if you're going to resurrect a nameplate then at least give it some resemblance to the original. That'd be like Chevy making a Camaro SUV. Of course, think of how much money Diamler-Chrysler saved, because all their design team for the Charger had to do was take the running gear of the 300C/Magnum, and chop the wagon ass off the Magnum, and VIOLA!

·
Registered
199 Posts
Although I agree that the Charger should come in a 2-door, from some stuff I read, I thought that part of the target market was police/highway patrol/etc. In which case they really need the 4-door.

2-door would be sweet though.

Xian

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
urbanmonkeygod04 said:
Completely agree. Plus, if you're going to resurrect a nameplate then at least give it some resemblance to the original. That'd be like Chevy making a Camaro SUV. Of course, think of how much money Diamler-Chrysler saved, because all their design team for the Charger had to do was take the running gear of the 300C/Magnum, and chop the wagon ass off the Magnum, and VIOLA!
I'm trying to figure out the difference between the 300, and the Charger. I mean, the Magnum is a 300 with a hatch and a Charger is a Magnum... without the hatch... I'm assuming that the Charger comes with a larger engine as a top option. I remember hearing some pretty high horsepower numbers for the SRT8....

·
Registered
272 Posts
i went down to the local dodge dealer with my srt4 buddy and saw a charger...it was the 3.5 L v6...im pretty sure this isnt the hemi :) ...the windows are very small...when you look from the inside its an awkward feeling...

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
My boss has a Magnum, but has been saying he's getting the SRT8 when it's available. I think he ordered it the same day that he bought the Magnum. Yes, he's a freak. He drove it a couple of months ago at the testing grounds in Michigan, I think it was Michigan. So, we'll see how that works out, I wonder if it will have the same limiter on it that the Magnum did... 1500 miles it modulates your throttle for you, keeps you below 75%....

·
Registered
221 Posts
Sp00ner said:
I'm trying to figure out the difference between the 300, and the Charger. I mean, the Magnum is a 300 with a hatch and a Charger is a Magnum... without the hatch... I'm assuming that the Charger comes with a larger engine as a top option. I remember hearing some pretty high horsepower numbers for the SRT8....
the magnum, 300c, and the charger are all built on the same platform.

oh and to the person who said the salesman didn't know what he was
talking about concerning the "big block". the srt versions come with a
6.1 litre(426cc) v8. aka, old school big block. 425hp

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
huh?

BLUBYYOU said:
the magnum, 300c, and the charger are all built on the same platform.

oh and to the person who said the salesman didn't know what he was
talking about concerning the "big block". the srt versions come with a
6.1 litre(426cc) v8. aka, old school big block. 425hp
I think you mean 426 cubic inches not cubic centimeters. But if you meant that your still off. 124 ci =2 liters. The 424 Muscle cars were 7.0 liters. 6.1 liters would be like 360 or something...i thought 400 was pretty much the threshold between big and small block. But either way...its still monsterous.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Redline686 said:
I think you mean 426 cubic inches not cubic centimeters. But if you meant that your still off. 124 ci =2 liters. The 424 Muscle cars were 7.0 liters. 6.1 liters would be like 360 or something...i thought 400 was pretty much the threshold between big and small block. But either way...its still monsterous.
I think that a 400, is a 6.6L, not sure anymore. I think you're right about the 7.0L though, it's a 426, they call it a 427 in the new Vette though.

Either way, a big block, and small block are defined by those terms right there. There are 400 small blocks out there I'm pretty sure. The 427 in the newer Vettes are small blocks. I'm not sure that there are any new 'big' blocks out there. Most things can be done without increasing the size of the engine that much.

Yeah, you're looking at around 61.404 ci per L. If my math is right...

·
Registered
221 Posts
Sp00ner said:
I think that a 400, is a 6.6L, not sure anymore. I think you're right about the 7.0L though, it's a 426, they call it a 427 in the new Vette though.

Either way, a big block, and small block are defined by those terms right there. There are 400 small blocks out there I'm pretty sure. The 427 in the newer Vettes are small blocks. I'm not sure that there are any new 'big' blocks out there. Most things can be done without increasing the size of the engine that much.

Yeah, you're looking at around 61.404 ci per L. If my math is right...
I believe you are right, I was only stating that the salesman was probalby referring to
the old school big blocks, which the 6.1l is a throw back to.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
BLUBYYOU said:
I believe you are right, I was only stating that the salesman was probalby referring to
the old school big blocks, which the 6.1l is a throw back to.

Ahh! I see that now that I re-read your post. Just like they're calling the engines 'Hemis'... which they're not really...

·
Registered
221 Posts
Sp00ner said:
Ahh! I see that now that I re-read your post. Just like they're calling the engines 'Hemis'... which they're not really...
actually, they are hemi's, along with most other manufacturer's engines.

the hemi just referred to the hemispherical ports on the heads, which have
been adopted by most engine manufacturer's as standardized production.

back then, dodge was the first to come up with the design.

but they are not true "big blocks".

so they are not true hemi's or big blocks, but calling them this brings in the
old loyal customer who had one, and the new customer who always wanted
one. ie .... sales pitch.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.