·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
425 Posts
Sweet ride.....

That would be a sweet ride.....I heard Saleen is putting out his version soon (may already be out in the US) I think it has 2 - 3 different levels of mods, depending on how much cash you have. The base was around 325HP and the high end one was 400-420 I think.

http://www.saleen.com/2005_s281.htm

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
Sweet bout time the shelby came back

·
Registered
187 Posts
i love the new shelby, i like it even better than the new saleen. And the new roush is pretty sweet too. I wish I made enough money to buy one of the new shelbys!

·
Registered
89 Posts
someone needs to tell him to make a shelby redline or ss....he said on an interview he was interested in the new found domestic 4 banger market.. so i think if i couldnt afford the new shelby car i could at least get the parts, if he got involved it would almost be like the good old days of the muscle car era which i unfortunately missed

·
Registered
943 Posts
WOW!!! LOL Im by no means a Ford guy... But hot damn that is one beautiful car.. I personally love the looks of the shelby and the new Saleen.. Both beautiful cars...

Scott

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
I think that car is badass. I'm not really a Mustang person, but I would like to have it. I'd even take an 04 Cobra.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Personally, I hate Ford. I find it kind of funny that Ford has Shelby and Saleen beef up the Mustang for them. Why? Can't they do it on their own? I don't consider the Shelby or the Saleen Mustangs Fords and that is the only reason I will ever like the GT500/350, because they weren't Fords. Why such bad blood with Ford? Let's chalk it up to past experiences with less than functional Fords. Ford = Fix Or Repair Daily and that's pretty much what we did. And no beef w/ Ford owners, just Fords.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
XxGarbSxX said:
Personally, I hate Ford. I find it kind of funny that Ford has Shelby and Saleen beef up the Mustang for them. Why? Can't they do it on their own? I don't consider the Shelby or the Saleen Mustangs Fords and that is the only reason I will ever like the GT500/350, because they weren't Fords. Why such bad blood with Ford? Let's chalk it up to past experiences with less than functional Fords. Ford = Fix Or Repair Daily and that's pretty much what we did. And no beef w/ Ford owners, just Fords.

Ever heard of the SVT Cobra? thats ford..also this new shelby has his name and approval and he worked on the project..but svt is still behind it all. Thats why its the Shelby Mustang Cobra.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
XxGarbSxX said:
So I take it you prefer a Camaro? Guess who had a big part in the 4th gen Camaro SS, SLP performance.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Smurf said:
the new mustangs are ugly but the GT500 is one that I would drive.....looks so much better than a GT

The only thing i dislike is the foglights on the GT500. The are round in the bumper like traditional svt cobras but it would look so much better in the grilles like the regular GT's. Besides that was a shelby trademark in the 60's, round foglights in the grille.If i had one id prolly throw on a GT bumper and put the foglights where they go.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts