Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like the title said...

I'm back!

After going a stray I'm here again, and it looks like most of everyone is gone. Very quiet around here.

I'm very happy to be here again and finally while I'm financially secure and able to build the car in a fun way!

RLperfessional, Fenderguitars, are you guys still around? I miss my PA/NJ/MD/VA/DE guys.

Reactions: NFLT!

·
Super Moderator
1,643 Posts
Welcome back!!

Unfortunately most moved to Facebook or moved on from the cars.
Not sure if you were active on the CSS group, but even they're quiet over there.

Its nice seeing people come back around for sure.
I remember when it used to take me half a day to catch up on posts. Haha

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!

Not much of a social media guy but I may have to bite the bullet and get back on Facebook. Never joined CSS but use to lurk on the threads. I almost bought a cobalt instead since they did seem a bit more alive.

Haha I remember those days! I feel like over just these few days I've already caught up on everything.

I do love this car. I remember when everyone use to make fun of me for it. Now that I'm back in one, everyone thinks it's the coolest car ever lol

·
Super Moderator
1,643 Posts
I've been getting away from social media myself. The group's over there just irk me. Probably because of the lack of archive to search. Haha

I wasn't a fan of driving an SS. The cobalt sedans were fine, but the coupes weren't great.

·
Premium Member
2,204 Posts
Welcome back! I am relatively new to this forum but I remember reading some of the members "old" threads and sort of fell like I know them too.

Do you have any recent pictures and info on your IRL?

I think redline forums is the better option for the IRL especially now that the IRL has become rare,

I still get compliments at the gas station - "wow, I like your car" - I often explain the story about our performance edition "super car"

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I know exactly what you mean.
Seeing the old usernames is like a walk down memory lane.

Actually this is the Redline I bought: 2005 Ion Redline comp package with ZZP upgrades

It lined up perfect. I was tired of the monthly payment for my lexus IS350 while saving for a house. I wanted something in cash and something I wasn't afraid of breaking, and breaking the bank after. And I found his Redline 2 weeks later and it was a match.

Yea the forum is great, a wealth of knowledge stored here!
I've been getting alot of that too! The comments feel great when you know it's just a Saturn lol.

·
Super Moderator
1,643 Posts
That's one clean car you snagged up!

I work for Toyota. Those ls350s are super nice, but yea. I completely understand the payment situation.
My 2016 jeep cherokee is 430 a month. For a grocery getter compact SUV. Its insane.

But yea, parts are affordable. And enough info floating around to have fixed relatively quick for sure

·
Premium Member
2,204 Posts
I know exactly what you mean.
Seeing the old usernames is like a walk down memory lane.

Actually this is the Redline I bought: 2005 Ion Redline comp package with ZZP upgrades

It lined up perfect. I was tired of the monthly payment for my lexus IS350 while saving for a house. I wanted something in cash and something I wasn't afraid of breaking, and breaking the bank after. And I found his Redline 2 weeks later and it was a match.

Yea the forum is great, a wealth of knowledge stored here!
I've been getting alot of that too! The comments feel great when you know it's just a Saturn lol.
nice 05

that's what mine is with out the ZZP/comp

I have a few items from ZZP but could never do more "remotely"

Wish they were in my neighborhood

·
Registered
16 Posts
Like the title said...

I'm back!

After going a stray I'm here again, and it looks like most of everyone is gone. Very quiet around here.

I'm very happy to be here again and finally while I'm financially secure and able to build the car in a fun way!

RLperfessional, Fenderguitars, are you guys still around? I miss my PA/NJ/MD/VA/DE guys.
What's up?! I'm sure it feels great to be back. Looks like you have a silver rl too. Mine is a solver '06 with comp package. Look forward to chatting. I get the car payments too. My '19 Rogue os about 415 monthly. It's nice having a Costco hauler too, but I get it!

Cory

·
Registered
32 Posts
Like the title said...

I'm back!

I see you are from PA as well! I’m in Pittsburgh, nice to see some locals with these. I haven’t seen another R/L near me in 3 years! Mines an 04, Comp wannabe that I picked up in Jersey 3 years ago with 58k on it. I love this car and when I take it to a Friday night cruise, it gets a lot of attention since there aren’t any around.
Welcome back!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts