Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Honestly, people, what is the point of all of these flame/troll/attack posts going on here. When I joined up here this was a great community of people who share the love of their Redlines; it was informative, entertaining to read, and above all, friendly. There were no SRT-4 kids on here attacking us, we weren't attacking them, nobody was doing this, and it just has escalated to the point where I can't go into any single section of the forum without finding at least one post about how pissed off everybody is at everybody else.

Chill out, get over whatever problems you have. For you SRT-4 boys, you've had your time here, just GO AWAY unless you have something constructive to add here. It's not making anybody's time more worthwhile on this forum, you're not proving ANYTHING to ANYBODY, and it's just aggravating. And if it'll make you happy, we'll stay of your damn forums. And for all of you Redline folk who insist on just perpetuating the obnoxious, dramatic, pathetic fights. If somebody leaves a post about how "redlines eat dic" or "I screwed your mom in the back of your redline and then beat your car with my (insert whatever car you want)", just fucking ignore it. It's not that hard to keep your finger off of the "reply" button and just let that person be ignorant. And that whole "GO AWAY" thing I left for the SRT-4 kids, that goes DOUBLE for you; this is OUR forum, so if you can't deal with just letting it go and relaxing, maybe you shouldn't be here either.

It's ignorant, it's irritating, and it's destroying this community's good side, which was an educational & informative place to have discussions about our car, not a battleground for this crap. I'm tired of it.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Well Said!

Right on! Well said! Let's set the example for the other forums and concentrate on sharing info about the RL. If some immature ass wants to post some envy ridden banter just ignore it, they'll go away when they don't get any attention. Again, well said UrbanMonkeyGod04!

·
Registered
157 Posts
I agree! I found this site after I bought my RL and I thought it was a great site for some good info. Now I see all the BS about my car is better than yours......Just grow up! Enjoy the fact that we all have some nice rides. There's always goning to be someone out there that is better and worse than you, just deal with it, it's life!

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
urbanmonkeygod04 said:
Honestly, people, what is the point of all of these flame/troll/attack posts going on here. When I joined up here this was a great community of people who share the love of their Redlines; it was informative, entertaining to read, and above all, friendly. There were no SRT-4 kids on here attacking us, we weren't attacking them, nobody was doing this, and it just has escalated to the point where I can't go into any single section of the forum without finding at least one post about how pissed off everybody is at everybody else.

Chill out, get over whatever problems you have. For you SRT-4 boys, you've had your time here, just GO AWAY unless you have something constructive to add here. It's not making anybody's time more worthwhile on this forum, you're not proving ANYTHING to ANYBODY, and it's just aggravating. And if it'll make you happy, we'll stay of your damn forums. And for all of you Redline folk who insist on just perpetuating the obnoxious, dramatic, pathetic fights. If somebody leaves a post about how "redlines eat dic" or "I screwed your mom in the back of your redline and then beat your car with my (insert whatever car you want)", just fucking ignore it. It's not that hard to keep your finger off of the "reply" button and just let that person be ignorant. And that whole "GO AWAY" thing I left for the SRT-4 kids, that goes DOUBLE for you; this is OUR forum, so if you can't deal with just letting it go and relaxing, maybe you shouldn't be here either.

It's ignorant, it's irritating, and it's destroying this community's good side, which was an educational & informative place to have discussions about our car, not a battleground for this crap. I'm tired of it.
You're preaching to the choir.

Go over there and say your piece and see how far you get. I for one am not registered over there and have no intention of getting registered. I only went over there for the first time the other night just to see where the trolling Tools come from. For you, i suggest if you stumble on a thread that you don't like, just go to another one, you do not have to stay and read it. It's like the bible thumpers telling me they don't like Howard Stern.. well turn him off, go down the dial, don't worry that I might like listening to him, don't tell me what I should be listening to.

No one is making you read a certain thread. If you think it is not your cup of tea, move on to another one. Ask ekool to make a christian gentlemans section where manners are number one. I for one, will stay out of there to help keep it civil, but I wouldn't bet on the trolls staying out.

Relax... chill out... and leave the threads that you don't like to the ones that will go one on one with trolls. After all, everyone has to have some kind of hobby :D

·
Registered
252 Posts
You can Slow down the Trolls, by Validating the Registered Users...

I do that on my Message boards, no valid e-mail, no posting... It Prevents alot of issues... but i also for you to register to read some of the boards...

I didnt say it was perfect, but for my sites, it is needed.

Xau

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
just get us some more MODERATORS so we can get these threads deleted and these stupid people here to just pic fights kick off the forum

·
Registered
127 Posts
navymitch12 said:
just get us some more MODERATORS so we can get these threads deleted and these stupid people here to just pic fights kick off the forum
I've not noticed any moderators at all on here .....

I'm a mod of the NW section on SRTforums, I don't let crap like this happen I would either move the post, or close it .... but then again not a whole lot of crap goes on in local sections, mostly in the war stories, and I just don't go there.

EKOOL is very laxed when it comes to site rules and regs, he doesn't want to have one of those sites that nobody can say anything in there own words, and if you disagree with someone about something your baned.

ll you have to do is ignore them, and they will go away for the most part,(I know it is really hard) It seems the more you fight with them the more show up. I remember when I really got fed up with SRTforums about a year and a half ago, it was just like it is over here right now .... but when this site grows more and gets alittle more spread out it will all work out and trolls will have there little place to hang and leave the rest of the real car nuts alone.

·
Super Moderator
4,617 Posts
Yeah, ekool has very little forum rules. I have deleted a couple of the SRT threads at the request of the thread starter.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Xau said:
You can Slow down the Trolls, by Validating the Registered Users...

I do that on my Message boards, no valid e-mail, no posting... It Prevents alot of issues... but i also for you to register to read some of the boards...

I didnt say it was perfect, but for my sites, it is needed.

Xau
One way to prevent the trolling is to not let someone be able to make a name like "RL_suckdick".

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Yea, but you can't try and block every strange combination of nicknames that are out there. Ya know, if you just made everyone post their home phone number and address, that would work too... It would be a dead giveaway though, when the guy's wife/friends/other reports that he was beaten to death by a group of 20 people driving Ion Redlines...

Hell, the witnesses might not even know what the cars were....

Ummm, well officer, it looked like sports cars, but I thought I saw a Saturn logo on it....

·
Registered
541 Posts
LMAO!!!! That is one way to get away with racing....."No, officer, I wasn't racing!! I drive a Saturn for crying out loud!!"

·
Registered
453 Posts
Just ignore it and the thread will be on page 2 in a few hours. If everyone responds to it you're all just keeping the fire alive. I didnt even know there was a flame war til i read this... cuz I ignore anything with a stupid title, as should you all.

·
Registered
43 Posts
If I am not mistaken Ekool owns both the SRT forums and RL Forums, and now Cobalt forums.... right?

Implement the samething here thats implemented at the SRT forums.... keep all trolling activities to the war stories area or insta ban.....

Honestly I'd say just ignore it and grow a thicker skin... if it's not the SRT guys it will be someone else..... SRT owners go through it too.... it's all stupid of you ask me...

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
SporkLover said:
If I am not mistaken Ekool owns both the SRT forums and RL Forums, and now Cobalt forums.... right?

Implement the samething here thats implemented at the SRT forums.... keep all trolling activities to the war stories area or insta ban.....

Honestly I'd say just ignore it and grow a thicker skin... if it's not the SRT guys it will be someone else..... SRT owners go through it too.... it's all stupid of you ask me...
First off, I think Ekool really does need to start banning people. I don't think it should happen on the SRT-4 forums any more than it does here.

That was my point in the first place. I wasn't trying to be a sissy or say that I was too offended & was going to cry. My point is that while everybody is bickering and involved in these flame wars , nobody here learns anything new or finds out anything new or can get help because every 2nd or 3rd thread is a flame or battleground and people are devoting all of their energies to fighting amongst each other & not to the tasks at hand.

·
Registered
43 Posts
urbanmonkeygod04 said:
First off, I think Ekool really does need to start banning people. I don't think it should happen on the SRT-4 forums any more than it does here.

That was my point in the first place. I wasn't trying to be a sissy or say that I was too offended & was going to cry. My point is that while everybody is bickering and involved in these flame wars , nobody here learns anything new or finds out anything new or can get help because every 2nd or 3rd thread is a flame or battleground and people are devoting all of their energies to fighting amongst each other & not to the tasks at hand.
Please don't interpret my post as an attack on you...... I'm just pessimistic about the whole situation. without going Uber Nazi on people... there is no way admins can weed out the jerk offs.....so to prevent the uber nazi situation IMHO its always best to just ignore people.

Which brings me to another idea. On other forums I frequent you have the option to ignore people with an ignore list.... maybe that would be a great update for this site?

·
Registered
6 Posts
The only reason im on here is to meet new people. Compare our passion for automobiles. The only reason I stay over on srtforums.com is for the regional southeast forums.(which are pretty lame) If you post a thread about meeting up with a few people you are a ricer. The people who pick at these people are ricer deep down inside that cant really keep up with the times.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts