Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Moderator Kitteh!
11,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

To tell the truth I really wish all RL versions were supercharged but oh well :(

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
I hope that's just a general idea for the RL Sky and not the finished product. Just embroidered seats and dual, besides the turbo engine? No RL specific wheels and bumpers? I for one am unimpressed, it needs more styling to make it stand apart.

·
Registered
4,965 Posts
Anyone notice in the last picture, it seems to hav our stock dunlops on it? Sounds perfect for alpha. It is a very nice car though. I like th eyelids on the silver one.

·
Moderator Kitteh!
11,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would love one but its a 2 seater so :(

·
Registered
889 Posts
matt said:
I hope that's just a general idea for the RL Sky and not the finished product. Just embroidered seats and dual, besides the turbo engine? No RL specific wheels and bumpers? I for one am unimpressed, it needs more styling to make it stand apart.
It's a lot of other more subtle changes. Front fascia is different. The headlights are smoked black. Different suspension package. 18" chrome wheels are standard (i think they're an $800 upgrade to the base version). Plenty of other small differences.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Don't forget the dual exhaust outlets...

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
those arn't dunlops... and i wasn't impressed at first but then i realized that the car looks hot as is... why mess with perfection?

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
What is he first with?

·
Registered
361 Posts
Those aren't eyelids. It's just the way the lens is shaped and the way the light hits it. You never see it on both headlights at the same time. I sat in a Sky today, it was awesome. Everything just felt so right about it. The seats were very comfortable too. I hope the Sky Redline comes with Recaros like the ION Redline.

·
Registered
4,965 Posts
XxGarbSxX said:
Those aren't eyelids. It's just the way the lens is shaped and the way the light hits it. You never see it on both headlights at the same time. I sat in a Sky today, it was awesome. Everything just felt so right about it. The seats were very comfortable too. I hope the Sky Redline comes with Recaros like the ION Redline.
You are quite right. The idea that it had some sort of eyelid was brought up in another thread, and I didn't look close enough to figure out it wasn't that. It does look badass still though. And I could swear those look like our stock dunlops, but it's been a while since I saw them in person.

·
Registered
556 Posts
wow, but to pay twice what I paid for my car... I would totally buy this awesome coolest and unique veh for the price again BUT, by the time I have the $ for that... will be 2015... ^_^ Nice pics find masta jag.

DAC

·
Registered
556 Posts
14,500 for mine without tax! I traded in my sl1 and that basicly covered the tax... it was used.

·
Registered
889 Posts
ion20redline04 said:
errr.once again no BOOST GAUGE!! How can you produce a performance car thats boosted with no BOOST GAUGE!
Wrong...the spec sheets from GM's news pages says that it has a DIGITAL Boost Gauge!

And I don't think it's coming with Recaros. Have to remember that our Recaros are more 'race car' oriented. People buying this car will still want the more luxury oriented feel to it. I picture the seats being more like the ones in the GTO. Great leather with an incredible feel like the chair is so 'squishy' it holds you in. :D

·
Registered
8,713 Posts
Sp00ner said:
What is he first with?
that's what I'm trying to figure out.... lol I posted links to those pics way before alpha posted 'em ;)

·
Registered
8,713 Posts
matt said:
matt, take a look at some of the saturn ions and the RL out there (the non RL skinned ones). They have wheels that are surprisignly similiar to the RL, plus, for the most part, some minor tweaks.

The sky will probably be a lot more minor, but that's also because there's very little they can do. I wouldn't expect different wheels though, chrome are supposed to be standard, they can only do so much to cut costs heh

·
Registered
9,924 Posts
AlphaJaguar5 said:

To tell the truth I really wish all RL versions were supercharged but oh well :(
thats damn sexy. IMO it blows the solstice out of the water.

·
Registered
5,202 Posts
Are those 5x110?

1 - 20 of 69 Posts