Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone in the New England area is heading to Either Import Wars at New England Dragway or to Import Evolution in Providence this weekend i am going to be at both shows showing my car with my team would be nice to see some other redlines there :D

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
They're having one of those here next weekend, I'm avoiding it like the plauge...

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
y are you avoiding it good place for people to see teh redline and companys looking to sponcer free stuff is good

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Ya, I know. It's the environment there. Not really my cup of tea... I like to hand around old car guys more... I should expand my horizons a bit though...

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Na, spooner, I'm gonna say if you don't want to hang out with the "young bucks" and their bubble-filled mosh pits and their balloons and their hip hop music, don't do it; it's your choice!

·
Super Moderator
4,617 Posts
I'd stay away from those too. Sponsorships are overrated. You then have to put the companies sticker on your car. Also, I'd rather it just be a car show and racing. Who needs a Bikini contest, bubble pit, and a DJ. The cars should speak for themselves.

I agree with the Older car guys too. I'm 17 but, I really like hanging out with the guys with muscle cars or high-end newer cars. They know there stuff and are usually open to teaching and discussing cars of all kinds. Of course then you get the guy who is 27 and rich as hell who decides to drop $15,000(Fully built engine, and $4,000 for the Centrifigul Supercharger)into his G35 then he sells the supercharger and is going with a Custom Twin-Turbo kit that will be insane and cost something around $10,000 for the Kit and install.

I also prefer to hang out with guys who mod their cars to be fast not, for looks. Luckily that's mostly the guys around here who come out. Even had 600 cars and over 50 Sport bikes show up one time. Gotta love MKIV Supras, Modified Vettes, Evos, Cobras, Mustangs, SRT-4s, 240SXs, 300ZXs, RX-7s (FD and FCs, 5 of them were over 500hp), 11 Second 3000GT VR-4s, Porsches, and many other awesome cars.

·
Registered
869 Posts
i went to the import wars today and i met redline603. really cool guy. there was also a silver redline that ran 15's..i was kinda surprised and shocked...idk what happened. August 6 is the one where my rl is gonna be at so hopefully there may be a couple more

·
Registered
681 Posts
"y are you avoiding it good place for people to see teh redline and companys looking to sponcer free stuff is good"

For starters, I hang out with people who can spell and don't use text language to communicate. I laugh my ass off at all these clowns clamouring for "sponsorships" - getting sponsored for WHAT? You get a 10% when you buy their product and you have to buy only their product and wear their decals, too?

In order to run around and tell your buddies you're "sponsored"? Again, sponsored for what? It isn't like you're actually racing or anything where a tire or suspension sponsorship might actually do you some good.

·
Registered
681 Posts
My family and I will be at SEMA/IAS in Atlantic City, NJ tomorrow, plus I'm meeting some of my Hot Rod U students there. Should be fun, plus I'll damned sure be bugging the hell out of the GM Performance guys...

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
AdrenalineRush97sl04RL said:
i went to the import wars today and i met redline603. really cool guy. there was also a silver redline that ran 15's..i was kinda surprised and shocked...idk what happened. August 6 is the one where my rl is gonna be at so hopefully there may be a couple more
thanks for stopin by today also i took 2nd in the saturn catagory

·
Registered
869 Posts
redline603 said:
thanks for stopin by today also i took 2nd in the saturn catagory
Do you know who took first? im hoping it wasnt the sc that needed to be lowered badddd

1 - 14 of 14 Posts