Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in Japan and I've already imported my car. The problem I have is that I need to change a few things in order to pass the Japanese inspection.

1. The tail lights need to have an amber light. It can either be an amber bulb or cover over the blinker. If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know :)

2. My side rearview mirrors are of "concern". The fact that they are stationary and cannot move if the issue. The auto shop here said that they might need to be able to collapse inward. Many of the cars here (if not all) have the motorized side rearview mirrors.

3. They are freaking out because my aftermarket tires extend about a half of a cm outside the body. I may be forced to just buy another set of rims to pass the inspection.

4. They are also concerned about the headlamps possibly pointing to the left instead of the right. I wasn't aware that headlamps pointed to the left in countries where we drive on the right side of the road (love that pun). This should be an easy fix I'm thinking.

Any/all information that can assist me while I'm currently searching the internet for options is MUCH appreciated! :D

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
I live in Japan and I've already imported my car. The problem I have is that I need to change a few things in order to pass the Japanese inspection.

1. The tail lights need to have an amber light. It can either be an amber bulb or cover over the blinker. If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know :)

2. My side rearview mirrors are of "concern". The fact that they are stationary and cannot move if the issue. The auto shop here said that they might need to be able to collapse inward. Many of the cars here (if not all) have the motorized side rearview mirrors.

3. They are freaking out because my aftermarket tires extend about a half of a cm outside the body. I may be forced to just buy another set of rims to pass the inspection.

4. They are also concerned about the headlamps possibly pointing to the left instead of the right. I wasn't aware that headlamps pointed to the left in countries where we drive on the right side of the road (love that pun). This should be an easy fix I'm thinking.

Any/all information that can assist me while I'm currently searching the internet for options is MUCH appreciated! :D
If they dont require reverse lights you could put amber lights in the reverse section of the tail light and splice it to there. Or you could get the amber LED strip lighting that is waterproof and put it along the edge of yer tailights. http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-30CM-1210...Parts_Accessories&hash=item4d1ed68847&vxp=mtr

Technically in the US cars with tires that stick out past the fenders are supposed to have mud flaps.

The healights should have an adjustment on them to angle them. Im pretty sure they point right in the US so they dont blind on coming drivers.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is a good idea about the reverse lamps but, unfortunately, they do require reverse lights :x As for the LEDs, I'm not sure about splicing them into the blinker wiring. I'll keep it as an idea though ;)

I think I'll just get another set of tires just for the test and swap them back after. That is what everyone seems to do here anyway :/

I believe you are right about the headlights. That should be an easy fix.

So all I'm really left with worrying about is the blinkers and the rearview mirrors... (-_-;) I believe I have some good information about how to go through the process(es) after I feel confident that I can pass the initial inspection.

Thanks for the feedback!

·
Registered
4,362 Posts
Glad I'm not the only one who can't see much at night
Amazon.com: 18w LED Spot Work Light: Automotive
Just ordered 2 of these planning on mounting in rear bumper slots, in reality 1 would be enough, but I can always use extra lights around here

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
That does sound like a good idea (for both the rear and front) but unfortunately there are regulations on where the reverse light "must" be placed.

Thanks for the idea though :D

I'm starting to think they don't want me to drive my car here lol

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
That does sound like a good idea (for both the rear and front) but unfortunately there are regulations on where the reverse light "must" be placed.

Thanks for the idea though :D

I'm starting to think they don't want me to drive my car here lol
Where does it need to be cause dont some jap cars have their lights in the bumpers?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts